Chapter XXXIX

THE FAMILY BATHROOM

Never dwell on the past, love. Allow yourself to move on.

***

WARNING: Sexual Content

CHAPTER XXXIX

*****

AND THAT'LL BE fifty-five dollars when you're ready, sweetheart.”

I smiled and reached into my pocket to grab the money when Daniel's outstretched hand caught my attention. I looked up just in time to catch him handing the lady behind the till his card.

She smiled and took it, completely disregarding my shocked face.

“I could afford that.”

“Cool, so can I,” he said sarcastically, reaching out to type in the pin. I was trapped between the both of his arms, directly in front of the machine as he typed in the code. I quickly turned away, not wanting to make it seem like I was looking.

“Thank you, sir,” she said, giving him a bright smile as she handed him back his debit card.

I felt his hand on the small of my back and, without a word spoken to the sales assistant, he led me out of the parlour and towards his car.

He opened the door for me, and I got inside, letting him slam it shut behind me before he ran around to the other side and got in as well.

We were a good way into the drive to the mall before any one of us spoke a word.

“Where's the nearest centre with a family bathroom?”

I turned to Daniel, my brows drawn together in confusion. “I'm pretty sure the mall has one on the second floor. It seems like it's the best one since that's where we're going.”

“Cool.”

And that was that.

The rest of the car ride to the mall was quiet. If it was tense or awkward, I didn't notice as I stared intensely out of the window, lost in my own thoughts.

We pulled up to the parking lot for the mall a couple minutes later. I barely waited for Daniel to cut the engine off before I had jumped out of the car and waited at the side for him to come out.

He joined me after a few seconds, nudging me with his shoulder to walk in and that I did with him following behind me.

“Where do you want to go?”

I chuckled darkly, shaking my head from side to side. “You clearly don't know me.” He turned to me with an eyebrow raised in surprise as I smirked at him. “It's not 'where do I want to go' it's 'which place do you want to go first?'”

He bit his lip, his eyes lighting up with mischief as he placed his hand on my waist and led me toward the escalator. “Then we better go to the family bathroom first.”

“What do you mean by 'we', Daniel?” I asked turning back to look down at him as he smirked at me. He was a level lower than I was and he took that to his full advantage by grabbing a handful of my ass.

I squeaked, flying up the remaining steps of the escalator to get away from him, but as soon as my feet touched the flat, level ground of the second floor, it didn't take five seconds before I was pulled firmly back into his chest.

I let out a small giggle, feeling like he was tickling me as his fingers dug into my sides. He led us towards the family bathroom, not even bothering to hide the fact that we were both going in as he closed and locked the door behind him.