Chapter 2

Six years ago

It was a warm summer day, more warm than usual so he decided that cooling off in the river might not be such a bad idea. So that was exactly what he did. He knew it was risky since the river was near a pack, but he made sure to go upstream most farthest away from it.
He caught a fish and boy did that go down well as a snack. The sound of feet running made him on full alert. From what he could tell it was a small child, but that didn't make him any less weary. An adult will certainly be nearby. He needed to run away, but for some reason he went towards the sound.

There in the open meadow of flowers was a little girl, he guess about nine to 12 years old. Giggling away while picking flowers. She wore a light pink puffy dress, her hair danced with the rays of the sun. Her skin seems so pure and her blue eyes reminds him of the river back in the mountains. So beautiful. The thing that kept him staring was the sweet smell of peonies and roses. She starts to humm a song and then she sings. "Constant as the stars above, always know that you are loved, and my love shining in you, will help you make your dreams come true..." Her voice was lovely, blessed by the muses and Apollo himself.
~~~

~Catherine~

"Do we really need to be present mom?" Aiden moans while setting the plates. "Yes, Alpha Lee is bringing his whole family so yes, you have to be."
"But mom! He has like ten daughters!"
"Twelve actually, And some already found their mates so they won't be comming along so it's not that many." The Crystal Pack is famous for having really big families. The Alpha family alone has one son, she thinks his name is Walter or something, who will be the alpha and then he has twelve sisters who range from the age of 25 to 4 years old. She feels very sorry for that guy, being cooped uo with all that estrogen. Well the same could be said for her.
"Aiden stop complaining and go get ready." My father barks at him and he stumps away like a little toddler who was told he couldn't get desert.
HER mother engulfs him in a hug and the had no same in giving each other a deep kiss that made her gag. "No PDA in front of me please!" She covers her eyes and her parents do nothing but laugh and she could hear the sound of them still kissing. "Oky I'm leaving, how you don't have more kids is beyond me!" She doesn't even think they heard her, they are much to engrossed with each other.
Of all the people she knows, her mother and father are the most lovie dovie PDA couple she knows. if you find them they are clinging to each other or kissing. They support each other no matter what and they never fight for in front of them, but she does notice the glares her mother gives her father now and then. She has never seen such a pure love when it cones to mates.
Which she can understand, her parents told them how mom was 5 when dad learned that she was his mate, that's alot of years to wait for somone. Hense the reason why they are very strict on mates, that they should not give away something precious just because of urges. Because we will regret it. Also the reason poor Elijah just fools around, no sex involved. Seeing them jiss again made her make her way to her room. Safe from the PDA.

Her room was decorated with shades of light soft pink, she has a crown leave woven light above the bed. That was her favorite feature to her room. A flower painting was just above her bed and the walls is a colour that she think was brown pinkish but she liked it anyway.