Chapter 23

He was bloodied and out of control. Roaming the forest to give him any kind of relief of this curse. In an instant he was pushed to the ground. "Woaw there beastie." He tried to shake him off of him, but all his struggling was of no use. "Your power might have worked on all those people but not me." He was pushed down further, but he would not submit. Not again. "Calm down." The man calmy says, but still he couldn't calm down. "I'm sorry, but this has to be done." He feels his hands being tied up with some metal. "You are not going to like this." The man mumbles and the next thing he knew some muzzle like object was put around his face. He growled mand struggled more. "Easy." He was pulled up. He was still struggling against the man. "It's only up from here beastie." The man said, but the words didn't quite reach him. He just wanted to break free. To be free.

Her whole body felt like it was in pain,on fire even. She could barely move.
"Catherine?"
The familiar sparks that she knows belongs to her mate engulfs her and she moaned from the relief it bring from the pain.
"I know it hurts Flower."
He said but she kept a hold on his hand, not wanting the pain to come back.
Her nickname flew right over her, she couldn't register anything with the pain.
It seemed he understood. "Can you open your eyes?" He ask and she wanted to open them, but they felt so heavy.
What happened?
Nothing was said and the only thing that reassure her that Issac was still with her is his hand in hers. She could feel how hard working he was. She loved the hard feeling of his hands and she couldn't exactly say why. She just know that being with him makes her calm.

Issac watched his mate sleeping soundly with a tight grip on his hand that he is not getting loose any time soon.
The doctor comes in and inspects her. "She should wake up soon, she was injected with wolfsbane, silver and another substance we couldn't identify, as you predicted, that causes her to shut down and wake up with immense pain. You touching her will ease it."
He knew that, he knew her pain all to well. He is just glad he can relieve her pain, there was no one who could help him, but he can help her atleast.
"Luckily no organs were damaged and all the serum is out of her system."
He kept staring at his mate, taking in all the information.
The doctor left without saying anything, fearing for his life if he said anything wrong to the Beta.
Issac feels his heart break the more he stays with Catherine. He couldn't protect her, when he thinks she is safe she is not. How can he fail this bad at being her mate?

Her eyes finally opened and the first thing she sees is her mate sleeping in a chair that looked way too uncomfortable for a big man like him. His one hand is holding onto hers. Even in his sleeping state she could see his worry that was across his face. What shocked her most was that she could see tear stains.
She must be dreaming. She couldn't move closer because she knows the moment she moves, Issac will wake up. So she stares at her mate.
She wished she understood him or that they would talk more. She is getting no where with him, she just hits a wall every time. From what she knows and what she has seen, she knows for a fact that their relationship is not the typical mate relationship. It wasn't like her parents and brother's relationships at all.
She now feels her own tears and she wished she was back home with her mother and father.

~Madeline~

"What is with that worried look on your face Butterfly?" Ethan's arms embrace her from behind and he kisses her mark. After all these years, she still shivered in delight with his touch.
"Just thinking about Catherine's mate." She could remember the visit she had when she found out she was pregnant with Catherine. "What do you mean?" He now lifts her up and place her on his lap. "His past is so heartbreaking Wolfie. I don't think he even knows what love is. I just wonder how they are handling it. How are Cat is doing." She worried, it was natural for a mother. "I'm sure the Goddess knows what she is doing." He kisses her shoulder. "That I don't doubt, but a mother can't help but worry."
Then suddenly, footsteps and growling followed and she knew it was her boys. She had a pretty good idea why they were in such a 'lovely' mood.
"Baby Cat has a mate!" Xavier growls. All the boys were away so they didn't get to say goodbye to her. Cat must have been so busy that she didn't get the time to tell them.
"Hello boys, don't you greet your mother?" She scowled at the boys who came to kiss her on the cheek. "Sooo...Cat?" Elliot casually brings up the topic that gets them all riled up again.
"Why didn't she wait for us to say goodbye?" Elijah pouts.
The boys bicker on.
"And who the hell does her mate think he is to just take her away?"
"Father how could you allow this?"
It went on till she exploded.
"BOYS!"
She yells over their voices. All of them frowned, but they all stayed quiet with their heads pointed at the floor. "She is mated to the Superior Beta." Their faces are covered in emotions of horror, shock and surprise. "But he..." He was ruthless, stone faced, can't smile to safe his life and lots of other things are said about Superior Beta, Issac.
"Now I know you boys are quite upset." She continued when she sees them calming down a bit. "So... Let's just invite them over oky?" They looked conflicted but eventually agreee because they really want to see Catherine.
"Alright, I'll call her!" And she walked away to let her mate deal with them further. Not that he would help much, he's just as protective of Cat as the rest.