Chapter 11

Issac takes me and my luggage to his house, which I guess is my house now as well.
The house was almost at creek of the mountain away from all the people. It was a beautiful farmhouse style with a front porch with a swing that she think is going to become her new best friend. The house was painted white with a grey blue roof. Peony bushes grew next to the steps all the way to the end. It wasn't in bloom, but she knew it was peonies. Her heart beats faster at the sight of this house. She loved it!
She turns around to see the village down below but just barely.
Was it even wise for a beta to live this far away? They usually live with or next to the alpha, especially if it is the king. "Let's go inside." Issac leads her forward into the house. She was already amazed by it and this was just the hall, she couldn't wait to see the rest. She hears Issac curse. "I have to go, will you be alright?" She was feeling a bit funny, but she didn't want to mention it to him and worry him or let him neglect his duties just because of her. It could be nothing but nerves. "I'll be fine, I'll explore the house." He gave her and intense look before he runs off.
She walked further into the house but she didn't get really far before she met the ground...

Issac was seriously angered that they had to call him away from his mate so he wasn't in the best mood to deal with anyone. He nears the training grounds to hear the commotion and then he sees the fights between the warriors. He quickly spots the main trouble and he threw them apart while growling that made everyone stop. Fearful pairs of eyes met his then immediately went back to the ground. One of the warriors that he threw on the ground grunted and then their eyes met. He scowled at the warrior, "Explain!" The warrior looks at the ground when he shouted. "Beta, Bane was fighting dirty that caused me to loose." He felt his rage build up. "You called me for this? I don't see the problem." He really didn't. The warrior stormed at him in a moment of rage, but he quickly knocked him to the ground. "When there is war, there is no fair fight. Only those who survive and those who don't. It is your job to survive and protect." and then he turns to Bane who smiled, but he shut that down quickly. "But that also doesn't mean that you can fight dirty. You have your honor as a royal warrior." He left the training grounds back to his mate. He didn't need to say anything else to the warriors.

He didn't know why he felt unsettled walking to his home. "Catherine?"
All life left him when he sees Catherine sprawled out on the floor. He immediately rushed her to the medical ward. The sudden burst in the room made the nurses jump, but then they froze when they saw him. "Don't just fucking stare! Help my mate!" He was irratated by their incompetence! One of the nurses pulled out a bed. "Dr. Melendez is on her way." Soon after Dr Melendez rushed to Catherine side. "Beta, can you tell me what happened."
"I wouldn't be here if I knew now would I?!" Dr Melendez paid no mind, "Very well Beta, please wait outside the room." She calmly tells him and went to examine his mate.
He could feel their eyes, the eyes of all the people in the waiting room.

He hears Dr Melendez approacing and he immediately went her way. "Oh Beta, I was..."
"What is wrong with my mate?" He interrupted her. He didn't want her to spew meaningless conversations with him. "Right, it is nothing to worry about. She just collapsed from exhaustion and adjusting to the new environment and it is completely normal for her. I've put her on a drip, but she will be waking up soon. You can go in." He didn't waste any second to barge into the room. He felt a blow to the heart seeing her in that white bed. He scolds himself, he should've known better. He was used to traveling long distance or with no food or water for days on end. She was not. In rage he storms outside and threw everything he got his hands on while yelling. The people ran away in fear and some of the braver nurses tried to calm him down. But he couldn't! What kind of mate is he that let's his mate suffer from dehydration and starvation! "Someone get the king!"
"Issa..." It was faint but he heard it. As fast as he could he made it next to his mate. Her eyes fluttering as if she was trying to wake up. "Issa..." Her soft voice calls to him again and carefully he took her hand in his and kissed it. "I'm sorry, Flower."

~

The sound of whipping echoes through the room. For Issac it was music, that he was still alive. "You were weak, sparing the life of that creature! You need to learn, it's killed or be killed in that ring. You do the other guy no favor by saving him!" The whip goes down on his back. He yelled and the man laughed. The man loved the sound of pain. "I will break you, you monster."

🌸🌸🌸

Heyo everyone! Thanks for the wait, I'm of vacation and the signal here is really bad, so it was a little but hard to update. First day I got sigal here so yay here you go!

I have so much planned for these two!