Chapter 38

My not yet a chapter is now Chapter 37!
Please go read it before you read here if you haven't already😁

Enjoy

🌸🌸🌸

The warmth of the cup made their hands almost burn, but it was a welcomed distraction from their minds.
The silence was deafening as the wind from outside could be heard. They didn't say anything until their tea was done.
He took her, placed her between his legs and held her there while he lays his head on her shoulder.
"Promise you won't leave me." He mumbled.
"Promise Issac, I would never."
He kissed the nape of her neck.
"I was told I was about six at one stage, I was transferred into another facility. There I met Thaddeus, the one who gave me my name."

"What is your name kid?"
Name?
"What is a name?"
The man's eyes grew wide.
"It's what people call you."
Oh, that.
"Subject 100."
"You don't have another name?" He shakes his head.
"What if I give you a name?"
What did it matter really, but it couldn't hurt.
"O...oky."
The man smiled, but it didn't scare him like the Doc's did.
"What about Issac? I always wanted to name my second son Issac."
"Issac" He test out the name.
"Yes Issac Snyder."

"Thaddeus was the closest thing I had to a father. He told me about his wife and son, how everything looked on the outside as best he could since I've never seen the outside world."
He stopped talking, resting his head on her shoulder once more.
"One day, a few years later I assume, he took my place. He knew I was close to dying."

"The new drug will make the boy addicted to whatever we give him as long as it has that substance. At this point it's not yet perfected and might kill the boy." The Doc says as he smirked and walked closer to him.
"Do it, the monster made it this far." He didn't understand what was happening now, but Thaddeus across the room shouted and went mad when the people tried to get closer to him.
"Please don't do that to him, he's just a boy!"
Thaddeus banged on the gate and the Doc was getting irritated.
"Please, I'll take the new drug or whatever! Just please let him be." Thaddeus was now crying as the Doc went over to him.
"It will be my pleasure."
And then Doc injected him and Thaddeus begins to scream as they dragged him out of his cell.
Many hours past when they threw Thaddeus back into the cell. He looked pretty beaten up.
He crept closer to his own cell to be closer to Thaddeus.
"Thaddeus?"
He called, but Thaddeus grunted. He could hear how Thaddeus breathing slowed down.
"Thaddeus?" He called again, a new sort of pain crept up on him. His chest felt like someone is squeezing it tighter.
"Issac..." Thaddeus wheeze out.
"You must...must promise me, that you'll find a way to escape this hell." Thaddeus now looked to him, his eyesight was not the best anymore now.
"You must be strong." Thaddeus says further, but the more he talked the more Issac's chest begin to hurt.
"I'm sorry I couldn't find a way out, I'm sorry for this hell that you are in."
No, he didn't like this.
"I want you to know, that I see you as my own son, my joy even if it was in a wretched place like this."
"I...I don't understand Thaddeus." Tears ran from his face and Thaddeus begins to cry with him.
"I know Issac, I know."
Thaddeus coughed up blood. "When you're free, know that none of this was your fault. The lives you took, it's not your fault. You're going to be on pain, but I pray to the moon goddess that she'll send you someone."
He didn't understand what Thaddeus meant, he hoped he will one day.
"My boy, my Issac, I love you." He said in his last breath.
Issac's breath hitched, "Thaddeus?"
No answer.
"Thaddeus?"
No movement.
"Thaddeus!"
He screamed, the pain in his chest getting worse and worse.
"Don't leave me!" He was crying sp bad he couldn't see anymore. He could taste the saltiness of his tears.
"I don't know what I love you means! You need to tell me!" He falls to the floor, his gaze couldn't keep away from Thaddeus.
"You needed to teach me so many things, Father!"
And then he screamed. The pain was too much, how does he get rid of this pain.
Pain that increased every second, his head felt light, his breathing rapid and tears kept flowing.
And then he all he remembered was that he saw red.

"He gave up his life for me that day and I am forever grateful for him. I went mad with rage and killed everyone that entered my cell. O was left alone for three months with no food or water." She hugged Issac closer to her.
"I'm so sorry Issac, you shouldn't have gone through that." She whispered while trying not to cry, but that seems to be rather difficult as it escaped her eyes.
Issac wiped away his mate's tears. "Should I stop?"
He didn't want to see her in such a state and he was the one who caused it.
"No, no I'm fine. Continue if you wish to." She smiled back at him, a tear slipping from her eye.
He wiped it away and continued.
"After Thaddeus passed away and I calmed down, the doses got more frequent and soon enough I was injecting it myself, learning that I was addicted to it by then. It was then when my teacher saved me on the brink of my destruction."

"Issac, your daily dose." The nurse walked in with a tray holding his usual syringes. One green, one red and one black.
They now called him Issac since the last person who didn't got killed by him. Ripped his head clean off.
"The Doc will be here in 10 minutes to fetch you." By now he full well know what they were going to let him do. He didn't mind, he just knew that when he gets his doses, he forgets about Thaddeus, because it still hurts.
"I see you have prepared, good. Let's go." Doc says when he sees that he is ready.

He was placed in a rink, people watching him from high above.
He wondered if it looked like the Colosseum Thaddeus spoke about where warriors, called gladiators, would fight other people or animals. He doubted, but how would he know. It was so dark in here with only the light that shined on the arena. Normally he wouldn't see them, but with the drugs, his senses were better than most.
The pungent smell of blood lingered in the place and he didn't find it repulsive anymore.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, here is subject 100, kill rate of 200 000."

Her heart leaped out of her chest.
Issac killed over 200 000 people.
"I'm a monster Catherine." His voice breaks and he couldn't look at her anymore. He didn't want to see how she would look at him now.
Rejection was sure to come now, now that she knew the monster he was.
"Oh Issac, I love you." She cried and hugged the life out of him.
He was shocked, she didn't run away from him, instead she was now closer, hugging him.
"It's oky Flower, cry to your heart's content."
He pulled her closer and cradled her while she cried.
His mate, crying for his past. He hated seeing her like this.
A tear escaped his eye and then another and another.
Soon they were both crying and clinging onto each other. One trying to console the other.
Issac gets comfortable under the blankets and keeps her close to him. Her face burried in his chest as her tears wet his chest.
And that was how they fell asleep.

🌸🌸🌸

Issac doesn't have a nice past does he?
Was this what you were expecting of his past?
What would you have said to him to console him about the lives he took?