Chapter 27

Before he knew it Catherine was asleep in his arms. It made him happy that she felt safe with him, but he could not be at ease. They were still out in the open, he felt like someone was watching them.
As carefully as he could he walked them back to Catherine's house. Luckily the door was open so he just went in and he hears Madeline rushing towards them, but she stopped when she saw Catherine in his arms and smiled.
"Oh, I'll leave you guys." She whispered and walked away while he makes his way to her room. It still felt wierd that he can just walk to her room and not sneak in.
He placed her down on the bed and she frowned at the loss of his body heat and he chuckles. He then sees the necklace he gave her hidden beneath her shirt. Has she been wearing it all this time? He smiled at the memory when he gave that to her, he almost got caught too that day. Which brings him to his next bussines.

He knocks on Ethan's door and he enters. "Ah Issac, I assume everything is alright with you and my daughter?" He takes a seat across from Ethan. "I believe so."
They were silent for a moment. "I assume you didn't come here for tea and cookies?" Ethan urged him on. Which didn't really help, he didn't even know where to start. "I knew Catherine was my mate when she was eight years old." He figured the best way to start was the beginning. Ethan looked shocked, but didn't say anything. "I was a rogue at that time and in no position to come even close to her, an alpha's daughter, so I watched from afar." Ethan lays back in his chair, consuming all the information. "I was happy as a rogue, it is safer for everyone that way, but then Julian wanted me to become his beta. At first I didn't, but then he mentioned that my mate won't like that lifestyle. So for Catherine, I became the beta superior." He think that about covers it. "Well I don't know what you want me to say, but I will say this." Ethan looked alot more threatening now than a few minutes ago. "Catherine is my only daughter, she deserves the world and so much more and the way I saw her today was unacceptable, so let me set you straight. If you make my babygirl cry, break her heart, even say something wrong, I will hunt you down, torture you and feed you to the pigs and no one would even question me. Are we clear?" If looks could kill he would be as sure as dead, he did deserve that from Ethan.
"Understood." They stand up, "Oh and this conversation is between us, my mate seems to have a liking to you and I don't need her angry at me." And Ethan left the office. He had no doubt that Ethan will kill him of he ever breaks Catherine's heart. They had a rocky start, but he hopes to fix that.
He walks back to Catherine's room to still find her asleep, so he quietly gets in bed next to her and fell asleep.

He woke up to the sound of pans and pots falling. Catherine to his amazement was still asleep. He quietly gets out of bed and walk down stairs to meet four sets of eyes staring at him. The oldest child seems to look with a scolded glare at the rest of the children. "I told you someone will wake up!"
He looks around the kitchen to find completely destroyed. The children didn't seem to be scared of him. "Need help?" With that their smiles widen. "Thanks Issac!" He didn't know how they knew who he was but he went with it. The girl who is clearly the eldest, walks up to him. "I'm Maggie and I am seven, those two idiots over there by the pans is Archer and Arrow, they are five. The little bun over there is Asahi, he is two years old, he has a baby brother, but he is still asleep. His name is Kosuke." She took his hand and dragged him to where the twins stood. "We wanted to make pancakes for everyone, but so far we aren't doing well. So get choppin and help us." She throws him an apron and stares at him. "So what do we do captain." She smiled and saluted him. "You could crack the eggs." She runs to the fridge to get everything and the twins follow her lead. Bringing along some fruit and milk. Someone tapped his leg and it was Asahi. "Up, up!" With hesitation he picked up Asahi who happily snuggled into him. It was safe to say that he was always uncomfortable with kids, mainly because they never seem to be afraid of him or scurried away like everyone does.

With the help of Maggie, Archer and Arrow they finished making a lovely breakfast that consisted of Pancakes with different flavors, bacon, eggs, toast, fruit salad, fried chips and sausages. A big family breakfast. It was different for him to cook in someone elses kitchen and with ingredients not from his own farm, but he didn't want to admit that he enjoyed cooking with the kids. Asahi seems to be the most fond of him and hasn't left his hip from when he picked him up. "Maggie how did you know my name?" He ask her when setting the table. It occurred to him then that the child knew is name. "Pappa and my uncles got really mad when you took Auntie Kitkat away. His exact words were: That scarface thinks he can just take their baby sis away without letting them meet him. And you have a scar on your face so I knew it was you. Uncles are really upset with you, you know. You better know what to say because they are ready to kill you today." He did take Catherine rather harsh. He didn't take her feelings in consideration. That was one of his mistakes and he needs to fix that.

🌸🌸🌸

How adorable is Issac with kids!?

I barely post pictures of characters, but here is the kids!

How cute is Maggie! 💐

Archer and Arrow 😘😋

Asahi 😍