Chapter 12

Blood. The smell of blood surrounded him. He couldn't remember what happened, but judging from the ripped animal on the ground, he knew exactly what happened. "Well done my monster." The man gave his wicked smile. He rushed to claw at him, to end the man's life. The electric whip caught him first as he plunged to the ground. The buzzing, electric shock pulsed through him. "Oh I know you want to kill me, but that is not going to happen. I'm your personal nightmare!" The man laughed and walked away. He was soon succumbed in darkeness onve again.

~

She woke up in a bedroom, to her left she sees her mate looking out the window. She was almost fooled by how peaceful he looked, but his clenched jaw told her otherwise. "Issac."
He was at her side very fast. "How are you feeling?" He had so many emotions hidden in his eyes but his face was like it was carved in stone. It didn't change at all. Her heart clenched at his face.
"I'm feeling much better, thank you." There was an uncomfortable silences, but he didn't look away from her at all. His gaze was to intense so she looked away. "I'm sorry Issac, I wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to burden you." She blurts out. He still said nothing, he just stared. Guess he's not a man of many words. He just walked out of the room, she followed and they end up in the kitchen. She takes a seat and watch him make food. They didn't speak the entire time, but this time it was a comfortable silence that surrounded him.
He made veggies and steak, it smelled absolutely delicious. "Hhhmmmm." She moan at how tasty her mate's food was. "This is so delicious!" She exclaimed while she continues to eat. The veggies were just right, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the steak was medium rare that had a mushroom sauce that was to die for.

Issac never felt like this before, he felt a certain boost of pride at how his mate is enjoying his food. He never cooked for anyone and here he was cooking for his mate who only seems to eat faster by the minute. He was glad because she needed it after his carelessness.

Catherine finished her meal and she took her and Issac's plate. He wanted to take it away from her but she only took the plates away. "You cooked, I'll wash." She left no room for arguing and Issac saw that and he left her to wash but he still watched her, afraid that she will collapse.
"Uhm, Issac, I uhm.." She took a deep breath, glad that she was washing the dishes while she speaks to him. "I wanted to know if I can still finish school, the year is almost over and I really want to graduate." There was silence. She was so sure that he will say no, because it's a long way to her school now that she's living in the royal pack. "I'll take you." He says and she didn't think of her next actions because she threw herself at him and her lips connected on his. It was fast and she was shocked at own actions. Isaac's face was in shock and she, no doubt, mirrored his expression. That was her first kiss. "I...uhm..." She didn't know how to react or save this situation. So she let's out a yawn. "I'll uhm, go to bed now. I'll see you there." And she rushes to the bedroom.

Issac could still feel her lips against his, her actions shocked him that he must admit and by the looks of her face she shocked herself too. She made an excuse and ran off. Leaving him here still in a daze about how soft her lips are.
After some time he made his way up to the bedroom where Catherine was fast asleep. Her blonde hair was sprawled all over her pillow.
He was conflicted, he didn't know if he should sleep next to her or not, but he decided to sleep on the couch for now. He was almost asleep when he feels Cathrine wake up. "Issac, sleep next to me please." Her voice was sleepy and she could barely keep her eyes open.
His breathing was a little unstable by his mate's request, but he knew one thing.
"If you wish it mate." She yawns while shaking her head, to confirm once again, that she wanted hin beside her. He opens the duvet for her and she gets in and he joins her on the other side. He did not dare get closer to her as he lays on his back. He had no idea what to do, he's never been in this situation. She had other plans when she turned around to drape her arm around him with her face nuzzled on his shoulder that he could feel her breathing softly tingling his skin. "Night Issac." She whispered and them she was fast asleep. He stayed up for quite some time, savoring his mate's body that was finally in his arms, but later ge couldn't keep himself awake. He felt himself slip into a slumber.
Issac never slept this peacefully in years.