Chapter 28

"Something smells very nice." He hears Madeline comming down the stairs. "MeeMaw!" The children yells and run to give her a hug. Asahi, however was fast asleep on his shoulder. He tried to put him down on the couch, but he would frown and start to cry so he held him.
Madeline gives her grandchildren kisses and hugs before she meets him. "Morning Issac." She smiles at him holding Asahi. "He's not very fond of strangers, but he seems attracted to you. I'm glad." She looks at the setup of the food, her eyes going wide. "Did you help them?" He nods. "My my, you surprise me Issac. Everyone should be up any moment, they all had a sleepover here. One could swear they don't have their own homes, but I don't mind." She helps him set up further.

"Do you like kids?" She ask, he didn't get defensive like with Julian, he knows she wants to know more about him. He is her daughter's mate.
"I, uhm..." He looks at the kids happily helping him with smiles on their faces. He felt a tug on his heart. "I don't dislike them." She chuckled. "I see."
"Momma!" Maggie runs to a woman behind her. "Mommy mommy, look it's Uncle Scar!" He lift his brow at his nickname that Maggie decided to give him. The woman looks up and she was the spitting image of Maggie, the eyes are different. "Hi I am Teresa, this little one's mother. Sorry of she is a bit much, I blame the father." She smiles brightly, reminding him of a warm sunset, the same smile Maggie has. "It's no bother." He cut the conversation short, he didn't know what else to speak about. "Look what Uncle Scar helped me bake. The pancakes are not black this time! See Momma, look look! Will you try some? Will you? Will you?" Maggie raved to her mother.
"She's a chatterbox that one, could talk for hours on end." Madeline whisper next to him as they watch Maggie make her mother taste everything before they even eat. "She is Aiden's mate, one on my triplets." She informs him and he nodds. He still wasn't relaxed around people. Especially those he don't know. He hears movement from the stairs to see a tired woman walking down with a baby in her hand happily playing with her long black hair. "Morning everyone." She yawn and then looks at Issac with a confused look. "I must be dreaming." She mumbles and wipes her eyes and stare at him again. "Did Asahi let you pick him up?" She asked bewildered and Madeline giggles. "Yes, the poor bun has been attached to Issac this whole morning, wouldn't let go." Madeline says and he shifts uncomfortably. He didn't want to make anyone angry at him, especially mothers in general. "I apologize." He wanted to say more but couldn't. "Oh no no, don't be sorry. I'm actually so glad. He's very attached to me and Elijah and it is great to see someone else that can hold him besides Madeline. When someone else just look his way he cries. He's fine with his uncles and aunts, but oyher people he doesn't know, not so much." She beamed a smile and walk over to hug Madeline. "Morning Mum." Hana says and sits at a place at the table. Still leaving him with Asahi attached to him. His arm is numb but he wouldn't dare let go. He decides to sit and immediately the twins join him and ask every question they can think of. He tries to keep it to a yes and no answer to stop them from speaking, but that effort seems to be in vain.
"If the twins did anything I apologize in advance." A woman with brown messy hair made her way down in a grumpy state, but froze when she sees the twins sitting happily on each side of Issac asking him questions with Asahi on his shoulder sleeping away. She look at the other women bewildered, but they were just as bewildered as her. "I need coffee." She mumbles and throws herself some.
"That is Melia, Arthur's mate." Madeline informs him.
"Momma, did you know uncle Scar lived in the mountains!? Did you? Did you?" They stormed her with their big blue eyes looking up at her in amazement. "No I did not sweety." Amused by the nickname they gave Issac. She joins the rest of the woman who spend their time looking at how much the children like Issac who is basically unapproachable.

Catherine woke up to see that she is still dressed in the same clothes as yesterday and then her mind played back to what happened yesterday. She couldn't help but smile. Finally she and Issac are taking a step in the right direction with their relationship and she was excited, but right now she wanted to go straight back to bed, unfortunately she had to face everyone. So she got ready and went down stairs. When she hears growling she made sure to run faster.

She stares in horror when she sees Issac pinned down by her brothers. "You took her without giving her a chance to say good bye." Issac did not fight back, his face showed no emotion. Hana,Melia and Teresa held the kids who looks scared. Arthur went to hit Issac again and she doesn't know what came over her but she grabbed his shirt and flinged him away from Issac. Away from her mate.

Catherine's eyes were black and her canines growing and she growls to protect her mate. She wasn't in the right mind and would hurt anyone who comes near her or her mate. Everyone looked beyond shocked and didn't know how to handle this since no one has seem her act like this, ever. "Kitty." Elijah tried but she only growls and her nails grew, ready to attack so he backed off. Issac was stunned when he saw this behavior from her, he had to calm her down so he slowly stand up and her feral eyes immediately met his. He placed his hands on each cheek, never breaking eye contact. "Catherine, Flower, it is oky. I'm alright. See I have no injuries." Her eyes skimmed his body to detect if he was lying. He could see her calming down, but she was not there yet. "Protect." She whisper growls and her body shakes. "Sshh, I understand." He pulled her in for a hug and stroked her hair. Her growling became softer. Her raging body was calming down. "Ssshh, I'm here, I'm oky." He whispered over and over and then she went completely limp and he knew she was oky. He scooped her up and walked her up to her room. Ignoring everyone, who was shocked by what just happened.

He gently placed her on the bed. She was knocked out cold by her outburst. When he sees she did not wake up, only then did he break down. His body was shaking, he was feeling to many emotions and had no idea how to deal with it. He was in rage that her brothers dared to pin him down and he immediately wanted to ripp them apart, but he let them because they were her brothers and hurting them would be hurting her. He was in complete shock at Catherine's actions, her wolf was simply amazing just like her. Her rage was something he found very dangerous yet captivating. His heart burst at her action to protect him, he didn't know how to feel or rather he didn't know what to feel. All this is new and he was freaking out.

🌸🌸🌸

Issac is overwhelmed with emotions, which does he have now?
Never thaught she could get so violent huh?

All the mothers

Teresa

Hana

Melia

Melia