Chapter 24

Winter came once again, he found his teacher sitting at the edge of a cliff.
There was some kind of liquid falking from his eyes.
"Teacher are you sick?" He didn't want his teacher dying. Death is an ugly thing.
"Oh Beastie, it's called crying." He joins his teacher. Both looking at the sun that is about to rise.
"Crying?"
"Yes, it is when you have overwhelming emotions that can't be contained. Your body then makes you cry tears that is made out of mostly water with a salty taste to it."
He was confused, "Teacher, why does the body do that?"
His teacher chuckled, "To put it simple, it's a self-soothing technique your body uses."
"So it doesn't make the emotion go away?"
"No Beastie."
Why would people cry then?

It was quiet on their way to the Blood Cresent pack, Catherine's pack. The butterflies was fluttering in her stomach at the thought of seeing her old pack and her parents.
Catherine's mother invited them over, going on and on about how she left without saying her brothers goodbye and so on.
Issac thinks about the day she asked him...

He was busy with paperwork in his office, he hadn't really spoken or seen Catherine lately and she seemed more depressed after her attempted kidnapping.
He knew she couldn't really relax since she couldn't give any information on the man that tried to take her. Her memories are fogged somehow.
Over the few weeks, she had taken a turn that he did not recognize. Her smile no longer held joy and her emotions seems so...
He didn't know how to make it better and he was desperate. "Uhm Issac." She called from the other side of the door. "Come in." She was dressed in a beautiful light blue dress that seemed to hug her just right. She was fondling with her hands, as she often does when she is nervous, but she seemed happier. He felt something move, he was not the cause of that happiness.
"I, I wanted to ask you... If.. If we could go to my old pack this weekend if you are not to busy or anything, I mean I know you are busy and all, but my brothers want to meet you and I miss them, but...but I would totally understand if you say no we can always go whenever you can or whatever." She struggled to talk and then her words just flowed. She was speaking so fast he had to give all his attention just to make out what she said. Maby that is why she seemed happy.
He didn't, or rather couldn't say no to her even if he did have alot of work to do. "I will confirm with Julian." He didn't even need to talk any further because she smiled. "Oh thank you!" She hugged him and ran out of the room. Her touch still lingered on his body and he savored it. He knows their relationship is very rocky and right now he would do anything for her. He just didn't know how and this was an opportunity for him.
So he dialed Julian's number.
"Issac, my man! What can I do for mr doom and gloom?" He rubbed his head, he still can't believe Julian is king sometimes. He knew his next question Julian would taunt him for as long as Julian will remember. He takes a deep breath,
"Luna Madeline invited us over this weekend." Julian said nothing. "Can Catherine and I go?" There was still silence. "So you are actually going away?" He could already see where this was going.
"Yesss." He stressed out.
"And it's not for bussines?"
"Yes Julian." Julian laughs. "Oh I don't see why not. If I said no Madeline would've come to behead me anyway. So you guys are free to go and do try to enjoy it Issac. Or rather, good luck." And Julian ended the call. Just how scary is the Luna that the king doesn't even want to mess with her?...

And so the day came that they are visiting the pack. Catherine seemed alot happier and it made his heart ache. He was not the source of her happiness right now, no matter how much he wished he was.

He feels that they entered the pack and Catherine's smile kept growing. "Oh I can't wait to see everyone again!" She jumped in her seat. "Oh look there they are!" She points to her house where her brothers are all waiting outside for her. The car didn't even stop when she jumped out and rushed over to them. "Baby Cat!" They yelled and she jumped into Xavier's arms and they engulf her in a family hug bombarding her with a bunch of questions while he got their luggage. "Issac." Her soft voice calls from behind and he truns around. "Let these guys carry the bags so you can properly meet my family." She points to the two guys who looked scared of him. He nods and puts all the cases down. She takes his hand, taking him by surprise as she lead him to her brothers. "Everyone, this is Issac." He didn't exactly recieve smiles from them, they stood in an intimidating stance. "Issac, this is Xavier, Elijah, Elliot, Aiden, Arthur." She says their names on order from left to right. Some of her brothers were not here he noted. Xavier and Elijah he knows because of pack bussines. He nod his head, seeing as he will still be scowled at even of he greets them. "I hear my baby's voice make way!" Catherine's brothers clear a path and with much speed Catherine was embraced by Madeline. "Oh my beautiful baby." Madeline kissed his mate's face all over and Catherine couldn't help but laugh. "Hi mom, where is father?"
"Never far away, think he had to run an errand."

"Luna." A smell he recognized very well enters his nose and he feels his blood boil. "Yes Harold?" He sees Catherine take a step back, closer to her brothers with her head facing the ground. It was either the fact that Harold tried to... , touched what was his or the fact that she stepped to her brothers instead of him that send him in overdrive for blood. He let out a vicious growl and he had Harold pinned down.
"Issac!"

🌸🌸🌸

Want to ask, do you guys enjoy Issac's past snippets?

I'm gong to rant right about now, so my birthday was a few days ago.
I want to go out with my friend to celebrate , but she lost her child {miscarriage} and the baby would have been born on my birthday.
I don't know how to celebrate it with her when she lost something so dear to her that she might never have again.
Her loss damaged her reproductive system alot.
My heart breaks so much for her. 😔💔

The Alpha's Daughter: The Beta's MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara