Chapter 16

His muscles ache, but he welcomed it. It was soothing after a hard day on the fields. Catherine seemed to enjoy herself alot and for that he was grateful. She soaked up everything he said, her eyes focused on the task at hand. She failed a few times, many times, but she never quit. He admired her for that. He was so lucky to have her as a mate.

"Issac?" His mate calls softly from the living room entrance. She was now freshly showered and dressed in some comfortable looking nightwear. "Yes?" He eyed his mate who was again red and played with her hands. He really should ask the doctor why she gets to red. It might be part of the climate change, but he needed to be sure. "Uhm, I was wondering if you would like to watch a movie with me?" He never watched a movie really, unless it counts when he watched with Ian the times he had to babysit. He never really got the time to watch movies. "Ok." She shined like the sun with her radiant smile.
"Really! Well what do you want to watch?" She jumped on the couch like a little girl. "You choose." Not suspecting that he didn't even know what movies to watch, she went through some site to get a movie, or download one he thinks.
After some time she still hasn't chosen a movie. "Urg, I'll go make some popcorn and you can see if you find something." She stands up and walks to the kitchen. What is popcorn?
He looked through the movies with no idea what to watch. When she returned he randomly stopped at a movie. She hands him a bucket with what looked like cauliflower.
"Mamma Mia? You like musicals, interesting."
His mate looked at him wierd and he wondered what kind of movie did he just choose. "Oeh I can't wait to sing along!" His usually shy mate was a little more... happier? If that is the correct term to use. "I've memorized every song!" She squeal, he almost jump at the sound, but he kept himself composed.

It was absolutely torture, the only thing good about this movie was hearing his mate sing along with the songs. Her voice was so beautiful, he'd never get bored of hearing her voice. "Oh that was so fun! Did you enjoy the movie?" Catherine ask with that glint in her eyes and he couldn't break her heart.
"Yes."He reluctantly says.
She smiles and then for the second time they kissed, it was longer than the first one. It was a soft but long kiss. When he backed away he finds his mate red once again. "L...let's go to bed." She mumbles and he agrees. She was the first to sprint up while he cleaned up. By the time he got to their room she was already asleep so he quietly got ready and then he climbed in. Like a reflex, Catherine turned around to cuddle him with her head nudged between his shoulder and neck, like every other night. "Sleep well, Flower." He softly kissed her head, not to wake her up.

"Sir, he is showing signs of transformation." He hears them talk. "Good." They eyes he grew to hate stared at him with that devilish smirk. "When I'm done with you Issac, you'll be a monster. My perfection." He laughed like a maniac. Issac couldn't understand why this man was doing this to him, but he never stopped fighting. He growled and struggled against the chains and the man simply laughed. "Yes my little monster! Fight!" The man threw a bottle of water at him and he drank it, he hadn't had water for days. That seemed to be the plan since five minutes after he drank it he began to feel weak amd drowsy.

He wakes chained up like before, but in a different room. The doctor comes closer with some kind of pink fluid to inject him.
He couldn't remember what happened, all he knows is that when he came to his senses, there was a wolf ripped into pieces. His hands was covered in blood. The man was clapping his hands. "Bravo my little monster!" The man smiled, but he didn't like that smile from the man. "Graham, continue with your treatment."
Four men came to capture him and put him in his cage chained up, once again.

He wakes up, by the looks of outside it should be around one in the morning. He hadn't had a dream like that in forever. It didn't sit well with him. "Isssac." He looks to his side to see Catherine mumbling his name in her sleep and it made him smile. He truly didn't deserve her. He made a note to visit the doctor today to ask him about her symptoms she seems to be having alot. He is not familiar with why she turns so red often when she is around him.
He wipes the hair from her face, kiss her cheek and slowly gets out of bed so that he wouldn't wake her up.

He really needed to let his wolf out, so that is exactly what he does. He needs to give full reign or he might get out of hand.

Catherine woke up and like most of the time, Issac's side is empty. She wished just once that they would wake up together, but she wouldn't get her hopes up right now.
She got ready and tried to make a better breakfast than yesterday. With no idea if Issac will even come home she made him breakfast as well.
It was nothing fancy, French toast stacked with bacon, tomato, cheese and then another piece of french toast and then repeat it again. At the top she puts a, soft, sunny side up egg.
Like she said, nothing fancy, but she likes it.
Just as she finished their breakfast Issac came in. He looked a little more rogueish, she couldn't pin point what it was, but it felt like it.
Either way she looked past it and smiled. "I made breakfast!"

"Thank you for the food." Issac thanks her and they sit on the dining table. He was glad that he finished his run in time. He would hate it if she had made them food and it got cold. Breakfast especially, it doesn't taste as good when you have to heat it up.
"Ugh, my muscles are sore in places I didn't even know exist!" She complains.
Farming has that effect on one's body.
She continued to talk about yesterday, "Are we going out again today?" Her eyes shine with hope.
"Yes."
She sequels. "Oky I'm going to get dressed!" She quickly kissed his cheek and runs upstairs.
Clearly se was excited to work on the farm again.
He didn't mind one bit.

Like yesterday, his mate observed everything he was doing and what he was saying. She asked alot of questions but he didn't mind answering her one bit.
She was a breath of fresh air in his life.

🌸🌸🌸

I love how everyone congratulate me on knowing that I am getting engaged 😂 seeing the positive side.
Thanks everyone.