Chapter 14

Catherine felt so relieved when Issac didn't even look at the girl. Serves her right since she was thinking of taking her man.
"Thank you for the meal Issac. It was really good." She says a little bit hesitant. He glanced at her from the side. "Pleasure."
Oky Catherine, try holding a conversation with him for once. "How was your day?" It's a good way too start right. "Annoying." That was all he said, clearly not the talking person so she told about her day instead all the way back to the house.
When the chopper landed it didn't shut down. "Catherine I have to now, I'll be back." Issac says as soon as he helped her down.

Issac had to leave her to handle pack bussines. She didn't mind at all, as an alpha's child she understood more than anyone. Her mother and father would often work until early mornings, but they always seemed to make time afterwards for her and her siblings.
So she did her homework, by the time she was done Issac had yet to arrive and it was already dark outside. She decided to make dinner since Issac made last night. He will be tired when he comes back so she wanted dinner to be finished. Having meals seems very important for him so she wants to make him something when he gets home.

So there she stood in the kitchen with no idea what to make. The best way to get an idea was to rummage through the cupboards to see if something would spark her cooking instinct. She shivers from the cold, she only now realized how chilly it was and then it hit her. Tonight was the perfect night for soup! Now on to the next problem. Which flavour soup should she make?
Well her options were limited, she wasn't as a good cook as her mother or her brother Elliot and right now she wish she was. She missed her family, she didn't get to say goodbye to her brothers because they weren't there. Thinking of her brothers gave her the idea to make tomato soup. They said her tomato soup was the best and she hoped they hadn't lied to her because she is going to make it if she has everything she needs.

The soup was comming along great her stomach was already grumbling from the aroma.
It was finally done so she quickly made toasted cheese sandwiches and set the table and she waited.

Issac groaned, quite frankly he was pissed. He's been stuck next to Julian on cases they had to deal with and it was infuriating. "Issac go home, it's already past midnight." He didn't think it was that late. He hoped Catherine was oky. In a haste he said goodbye and made his was home. Home where is mate was.
He slowly opens the door. The smell of tomatoes and other herbs dwelled in the air. Did Catherine make food?
He follows her scent to the dining room where she was fast asleep. He walks to her so see that she ate a little atleast. At the end where he should sit was a plate with toast cheese bread and a bowl full of soup. She must have been waiting for him all this time. How could he not know, he assumed she will just go to sleep.
He wanted to put her in bed, but seeing that she barely touched her food changed his mind. He went to the kitchen to heat up their soup and as soon as it was ready he woke her up. "Catherine, wake up." Her eyes flutter open and she smiled when their eyes met. "Issac, welcome home." She yawned and stretch out like a cat. "Why didn't you eat?" He flinched a little when he hears how harsh is sounds. She didn't say anything so he just placed the food in front of her. "Eat." She seemed happy enough when she saw that he sat down as well. He had admit, the soup was delicious. He wasn't really fond of soup nevermind making it, but he would eat his mate's food.
After they finished he picked up their plates. "Thank you for the food Catherine, it was most pleasant." Something in his heart moved when he sees how brightly she smiled just by him thanking her. "I'm glad you liked it, I was worried that you might hate is because it's the only thing that I can make that I know is beyond delicious, well according to my family." She blushes. "Let's go the bed, Catherine."

Catherine didn't need to be told twice. She fell asleep waiting for Issac in an uncomfortable position. She made her way up to get ready for bed while Issac cleaned up despite saying that she will help.
The bed was most comfortable and she was just about to fall asleep when Issac walked in. She could barely hear him, but she could smell him. Minutes later he crawled in behind her laying on his back. Like the night before she snuggled into is neck and threw her arm around him. "Night Issac." She mumbles and she instantly fell asleep.

This was a wierd feeling for Issac, but not unwelcome. He enjoyed Catherine all snuggled up against him that he dared not to move in fear of waking her up. He could feel she was asleep, with hesitation he stroked her hair very carefully. He liked how her hair feels between his hands. She stretched out and he worried that he might have woken her up, but she just turned around and pressed her body against his and used his arms as a cuddle pillow. She was laying on his bisep while holding tight onto his triceps. He chuckled. "Good night Flower." He kissed her head and he fell asleep as well. Feeling reassured now that his mate is safely in his arms.

~

The familiar burning pain soothes him. He is still alive. "Oh look at our monster trying to be brave." He feels his skin break, but he dared not to make a sound. "Who could evee love someone like you?"
Indeed, who would love someone like him?