Chapter 17

"Why do you look so worried Issac?" Julian ask. He said nothing.
"Oooh is it mate problems?" Julian digged further which earned him a glare. Issac should have known that by saying nothing will urge Julian further on.
"So what is the matter?" Julian sits back on his chair. Clearly giving up on paperwork and more interested in his personal life. He knew Julian will not give up, he had that look that says, 'tell me everything!'.
"Catherine gets red often and I worried that she is sick or something?" Julian frowned.
"What do you mean gets red often?" He really didn't want to tell him, but somehow Julian had a way to talk stuff out of him when he is really persistent.
"Like a view days ago when I came back from the fields she got red, and when I come out of the shower, or when she stares at me. Or when I make food. Could it be my food making her sick?"
He really didn't want Julian to know it happened when they kissed as well. Julian quirk his eyebrows. "Did you wear your jeans no shirt like usual?"
"No, I wore those white shirts. I don't want her to see the scars, but what does that have to do with anything?" Julian frowns.
"Oh this is bad."
He instantly got more worried. "I'll take her to the doctor!" He stands up to go get Catherine, but then Julian laughs. He growls and pins him to the wall. He bares his canines and gives a deadly growl. Not that it scared Julian at all. "Chill Issac, let me go and I'll tell you what is wrong with Catherine." Julian wasn't lying, that much he could tell. He lets go and Julian takes a seat like he wasn't up against the wall a moment ago. "I'm waiting Julian." With a serious look he begins.
"She is highly attracted to you Issac." She's attracted to him? "I don't..." Issac frowned. He didn't even know how to respond to that. Julian laughs. "Yes my loveable beta, your mate likes you very very much. It's called being flustered. The red cheeks means she is blushing because she finds you attractive."
He falls back into the couch.
"I don't...what?"
Julian laughs.
"Issac my man you are as dense as they come. Mates are naturally attractive to each other, your mate is no different. She gets flustered in certain situations, either by you doing something that makes her feel attracted to you or she is thinking about something about you in an attractive way if that makes any sense to you, you dense man."
He didn't know what to say to that.

For the first time ever he couldn't get alot of work done, his mind was on his mate who Julian claims to be attracted to him.
You will be looked at in disgust, no one will ever love you.
The voice rings in his mind and he shakes it away. "I need to go." He didn't wait for a reply from Julian. He transform into his wolf and runs back home. People instantly made way when they saw him. They all had fear in their eyes, how could his mate not look like that when she sees him?

He changed back when he neared the house and finds Catherine outside on the porch swing, highly into the book that she is reading. "Are you attracted to me Catherine?" He suddenly ask and she drops her book in shock. "Wha...I uhm..." She got red again and couldn't meet his eyes. "Y...yes." He could barely hear her but he did.

Catherine stared at her mate who seemed to zone out after she admitted that she is attracted to him. She doesn't even know what braught that question on. Was he having doubt? Does she give off the wrong vibe? Issac didn't say anything to her, he just went inside.
Her mate was really close to a caveman, that much she was sure of. She walks into the house to find Issac cooking. He is chopping some veggies. His knife work was phenomenal and the way his muscles work had her drooling. Keep it together Catherine! "Can I help?" Issac shifted the onions to her and she happily chopped it for him, although not as perfect as he could have done, but she did it. "Do you need help with anything else?" He didn't answer so she took that as a no and she just set the table for them.

Just as they were about to eat an alarm went off. Issac grabbed her and took her to a saferoom she didn't know about, closed the door without a word.
What was going on?
She lied down on the bed that was there and cried. She was so afraid, not for herself but her mate. It didn't help that she didn't know what was happening. She guess a rogue attack but she couldn't be sure.
She lost track of time after a while and the room felt a lot smaller than it did a few minutes ago.
Where was Issac?
She couldn't mindlink him since she has to be accepted into the pack and needs to be marked as well.
The room is getting smaller and smaller. Her breathing grows rapid and tears stream down her face. "Issac!" She starts to scream and bang on the door.

Issac was all bloodied, there was alot of rogues that attempted an attack from all sides. They manage to save some to be questioned, but the rest are dead.
He felt a strange sensation from his lungs, but shook it off. "Get them ready for questioning, I will get to them tomorrow. Double the security on the borders." He orders. "Yes Beta!" And the warriors scurried away. The sensation on his lungs intensified, but nothing he couldn't handle. "Issac are oky?" Julian joins his side, covered in blood just like him. He felt claustrophobic and he rubbed his chest and left.

Julian looks at his retreating beta, he made a mental note to pray for him tonight to the Goddess.
He feels like Issac might need alot of help.