Chapter 4

Eight years ago

"You cannot be serious my king!? A rogue as your Beta! Don't be absurd, this is madness!" This conversation has been going on for quite some time. The king braught him back to his pack, when they got there all he could heard was growling from the guards. After the king ordered them to calm down he called a conference for the counsel. In a matter of hours all the cousel members were at the castle. He knows them now as Gretha, Felix, Kavian, Drafuz and Pelina.
Pelina was the last to arrive. She somewhat reminded him of a small innocent child, but he think she can be like a fox. Very cunning. The king announced that he will be his beta and the cousel went mad, Pelina was silent, like she was observing and enjoying the show. He didn't know if it was good or bad. "I don't see why he cannot. He saved my life when he knew who I was. He, as a rogue, could have easily killed me in my weakened state." They were quiet. "Instead he saved my life, healed me, where my own family wanted me dead." Guilt clouded the counsel. He doesn't know what they are talking about, and he wasn't in the mood to even know. He had only one reason why he agreed to be beta. "I'm here to inform you of my decision, regardless of your opinion or not. I am still king." His power radiated and his eyes went red. The counsel bowed their heads, he however did not. The power the king had will never make him submit, the king knew this as well. "Very well my king, we will hold the ceremony on one week." The king smirked.
"No I want it done in two days." Kavian stood up, "Very well my king, it shall be done." They leave the room, Pelina stands next to him while rocking back and forth on ther feet. He didn't want to look her way, ignoring her would be the best option. "Soo, Issac, you have a mate yet? You are like, if I should guess, about eighteen? Twenty maby?" Why was she trying to talk to him? He does not trust anyone so why should he give personal information? They can always use his mate against him. "Twenty."
"Oh and a mate?"
"No." Her smile is cunning when he said no. "I see." She takes a deep breath. "Issac, you may think that I am cunning and I might even be, but you can trust me." And she gracefully exits the room. The king rubs his forehead. "Well thay went well." He grumbles. He knows the counsel will be watcing him closely, who would trust a rogue? The king smiles like a lunatic. "I know right! Oh the adrenaline I get when the counsel is mad." The king laughs and he concluded that the king is crazy. Should he have really agreed to be his Beta?

~~

Issac was running out of patience.
"Julian for goddess sake please move your ass!" He could hear growling and then feet running. "Issac dear, you know he is always late." Anika, the queen and also Julian's mate tells him. Unlike every other werewolf in this pack, Anika was the only one who accepted him straight away when Julian introduced them and she didn't pry into his private life. She was pregnant at that time with, Ian, their first child. She made him feel a little bit better about the situation of being beta. She was truly a remarkable queen and every knew that. "He is king, he should be punctual." She just smiles. "That is why we have a beta like you." He rolls his eyes. He just wanted  to get this pack meetings over. He was restless and he needed to run. He can't do that while he is in another pack. It will not end well for those who see him. "Issac, let's go!" Julian falls down the stairs, his clothes all ragged and disoriented. He quickly kiss Anika and then her baby bump. It will be their second child. "Stay save love." I nod her way and she waves. "Stay save boys." We climb on horses on ride off.
The area we live in is too secluded for cars to drive here, so we have a storage place with all the packs cars. It's disguised as a horse range. We settle our horses there and take the car further. "Julian I hope you will make yourself more presentable." He just smirks. "So I can look like you who looks like some kind of dark assassin or bounty hunter." Is he serious right now? "I'm not even going to try, just make yourself presentable." and I galloped further ahead. His laughter echoes behind me. He's a good king, but he just can't believe someone like him is the king.
The guards stop him and start to open the gate. Julian joined him a vew seconds later. Looking more presentable. Julian just smirked at his strict Beta. "Lighten up Issac, the way you frown will make you old." That didn't help Issac at all because he only frowned more. "Let's go Julian, we don't want to leave your mate for to long." Julian hoped that by now Issac would have found his mate, but no. At the age of 28 he is still mateless, that's the reason Julian made a point of traveling to packs. On hopes that his beast of a beta will find his mate to calm his soul. Every attempt was a failure, no kne turned out to be his mate and he had one last hope left.

They traveled to the different packs, as per usual, everyone was scared of him and Issac ignored it. He was used to this treatment. The scars he had did not help at all, it gave him a delinquent gangster look as Julian would put it. Issac looks through the list of packs they visited. "Alright that is all, we can finally return." Julian smirks,knowing his beta will not be happy about the news he was about to give. "Yeah not quite yet."
"Why not?" He frowns at the king and then he sees the mischief Julian's eyes.
"Because we are going to Black Crescent Pack."

🌸🌸🌸

I'm having fun writing this story!
Do you guys like Issac?
How do you think Catherine will react when meeting Issac?
Comment!
Vote!
Enjoy!