Chapter 22

Issac was in rage the moment he saw the boys trip Catherine. He wanted to rip them to shreds.
He couldn't stand seeing her hurt and it was under his nose as well and he couldn't even protect her.
His teacher trained him in everything accept how to be a mate and that infuriated him and naturally Julian was having a laughing party because of it.
But since then Catherine isn't herself anymore, it worried him. He didn't know why she was acting this way.
"Sir, counselwoman Pelina is here." A man informs him before she enters. She didn't say anything and takes a seat before him.
"Beta Superior Issac, I heard congratulations are in order for finding your mate."
Her smile was genuine, but he still didn't trust her. After he said nothing she took a deep breath. "Look Snyder, I know you trust no one and all." She was trying to get a reaction out of him. She wasn't successful. "But you have a mate." She says and then leaves his office. He never understood Pelina and her madness.

At home Catherine was already asleep when he got home. It bothered him that Catherine seemed a little bit off lately. He doesn't know how to make things better and he wouldn't ask Julian to help him either. Not that he didn't want to he just didn't know how.
She didn't eat her dinner once again, he needed to accept that he needed help.

And that is how he ended up in the library where Ian is being tutored. "Uncle Issac!" Ian runs up to him to give him a hug. "Hey buddy, how is the tutoring going?" That made Ian fall face down on the couch. "Dreadfull." He mumbles and then looks at Issac. "Why are you here Uncle Issac?" Ian quirked his eyebrow with that smirk Julian gets. Definitely his son alright. "I will deny ever having this moment with you, but..." Ian was focused. "My mate is sad and I don't know how to make it better." Why he was confiding in Ian he had no idea. "I see, well this is what you are going to do."

She wasn't in the mood to stay at home after she was done with her nap. She didn't want to be entrapped by his scent. So she decided to take a walk.
"Missy why are you crying?" She comes to a halt in front of a flower shop and the owner watering the flowers. She feels her cheeks and indeed she was crying. "I hadn't notice." She whisper. "Aye, you cannot contain strong emotions. They will flow whenever you want them to or not." She smiled to the lady and walked on.

She quickly loses track of time and where she is. She finds herself away from the town and in the forest. "Hello." She jumped and turned to the sound of the voice. It was a young man, a very lean build. His hair was brown and shoulder length. She couldn't see his eyes. She was suspicious of why she didn't hear him. 
"Hello."
The man smiled. "What is a lovely lady like you doing all the way here?" She stepped back. "I was just going back." She backed up further and he starts to walk her way. "Yeah that doesn't sit well with me." His sinister voice comes out and she's trapped in someone's arms. They injected something in her. 'Issac!' She tries to link but she will never know if it worked because she felt the liquid go through her veins she felt cold and then she succumb to the darkness.

"And that is how you get her happy." Ian finally finished on telling him how to make Catherine happy. He wondered if this will even work. He must me crazy to let a child help him with his mate. "Issac? What a pleasant surprise." It was Anika that entered the room with Zelda on her hip. The little one's eyes were wide open, gumming on a toy.
"My Queen." He bows in respect. "Now now Issac, don't be so formal." He nods and the queen smiled, knowing full well he wouldn't drop the formalities. "So what brings you here?" He looks at Ian who was 'reading' a book. Completely leaving him stranded. "I heard the prince raging inside the library and I went in to check out if everything is fine."
She eyed him and he had to hope he wouldn't be caught lying to the queen. "If you say so, by the way when are you going to introduce your mate so we can link her to the pack?" Just before he could answer he hear her. 'Issac!' He stormed out of the palace and followed his instinct that leads him to the borer where he finds two guards standing over Catherine's body.
"Beta Issac, we found your mate at the end of the border someone tried to kidnap her and they injected her with something. Two guards are tracking them down." The guard immediately says.
Knowing full well that he will want to know what happened. He didn't say anything, he just picked her up and carried her to the place where he seems to take her all the time.

When he got there they immediately took care of Catherine.
"We need to test what..."
"There is no need, you won't find anything with the way you are testing." He recognized the smell comming from her blood.
"Best thing to do is to put her on a drip and keep an eye on her vitals and dose her with pain meds." The doctor didn't question him, but he knew she had alot of questions.

Julian quickly joined him at the hospital. "Is she oky?" Julain ask, joining the seat next to him.
They both look at Catherine who lays there on the hospital bed once more.
"She'll be in pain." He says with his fist clenched.
"Julian, do you still remember your oath to me?" He says and Julian's eye's rose.
"I do."
"Good."
They both sat there in silence, each consumed with their own thaughts.