Chapter 39

Waking up didn't come easy for her, but her eyes eventually opened up. Next to her, Issac was sleeping as well.
The night took a toll on them both. She had no idea Issac had such a dark past.
She slowly climbs out of bed, making sure to avoid the mirror, she was sure she looked like a mess, and called her mother.

Madeline was getting comfy in her bed, she was tired from looking after her grandkids all day. Not that she minded in the slightest. She loved those little squirrels.
Her phone rings and she sees it was Catherine.
"Sweetheart is everything alright?" She asked.
Catherine didn't answer, but she heard her sobbing.
"Mom." And then she cried.
She rest her head on the headboard and sighed.
"Issac told you." She could only assume the reason for her daughter's tears was that Issac told her of his past. How much she's not sure.
"It's so horrible Mamma. What do I say to him? To make him feel better? I don't.... I don't know what to do."
She bites her lip, "Honey, I'm not sure myself, but I would keep loving him. Show him you're still by his side. No matter what. You both vowed it to each other, now fulfill it. It will be alright in the end."
She hears her daughter take a deep breath, "Thanks Mom."
"Always Honey, now go love your husband." She said and ended the call.
Just then her handsome mate walked in, his eyes holding bags under them.
"Wolfie, come cuddle with me." That quickly lighten up his face as he quickly got rid of his clothes and joined her in bed. Quickly pulling her closer to his body.
"I'm glad you are my mate, sorry you had to wait that long for me Wolfie."
He kissed my head, "I'd wait forever for you, my Butterfly."

Catherine looks at the phone. Her mother is right, she just have to keep on supporting and loving Issac.
So she is going to attempt to make a wonderful breakfast.

Issac groaned as he wakes up. His body felt so heavy and exhausted, but he felt better for some reason. The smell of food reached him and he sees that his mate is not next to him. She woke up before him, that was a first.
He slowly walks to the kitchen where he sees his mate at the stove. Her blond locks tied up in a messy bun. He notice how she is wearing nightwear he got her.

"Come on pancake don't you flop on me, I already burned five

"Come on pancake don't you flop on me, I already burned five." She talked to the pancake as if it would listen to her. He chuckled at that and she turned around and smiled when she saw him. The same smile she always gave him. "Morning Darling, sleep well?"
"Darling?" He whisper, confused by his mate's name for him.
She giggled, "It's what people call someone that they love, their beloved, their darling." She explained and his heart started beating out of control. He walks over to her and placed his hands on her hips as she flips the pancake. It was almost burned.
"Then let me be your Darling forever." He whispered and kissed her neck. She gasped and turned around and hugged him. "You're stuck with me Issac, not matter what. I love you." She took his face and brings him in closer for a kiss.
"Then if that's the case, let me take over cooking. Don't want to cut our lives short, now do we?" He smirked and she hits him while laughing.
"Well then my Caveman, get cooking."
He grumbles as he takes the spatula from her. "I'm not a caveman." He mutters and it's only met by her laughter.
"Sure, sure." She jumps on the counter next to the stove and watched him make pancakes. He likes this feeling, being with her here like this.

The pancakes were done and he made whipped cream with a diced fruits and berries to put on top of the pancake

"Breakfast is served." He serves them and Catherine sits on his lap.
"What are you doing Flower?" She smiles and kissed his nose.
"I'm waiting to be served, won't you feed me." She batter her eyelids.
His heart felt warm at that moment.
"Guess it can't be helped." She squealed and clapped her hands. He wanted her to stay like this, smiling.

After eating breakfast and feeding Catherine breakfast they cleaned up the kitchen and they sat outside watching the view.
"You, uhm, you mentioned a teacher who saved you. Do you wanna talk about it?" Catherine ask.
He thinks back to that time, when his teacher found him.
"I never knew his real name, he told me to call him L. He rescued me and thaught me everything I know."

The raging fire engulfed the building, but he didn't care. Every last one of them is finally gone.
"Thaddeus, they're gone. They won't hurt anyone ever again." He whispered as he collapsed on the ground, the heat becoming closer and closer.
Was this what hell would feel like for a person like him?
Then he succumb in darkness.
He now won't be able to kill anyone again,

"Lookie here, the child is waking up."
He hears voices and slowly open his eyes.
"Hey there Issac." How'd he know his name?.
He moved around to see that he was tied up real good and he tried to get out of it, but it was a loosing battle.
The dark haired guy who looked kind of odd laughed at him while the other one just stared at him.
"You can call me L, that man over there is Zelus."
He growled when the man called L walked over to him.
"Easy there kiddo, it's just food."
It was a liquid type of food with chunks in it.
"It's called soup, eat it."
That was most of what the man said on his journey. He didn't know where they were going, but he didn't want to trust them.
Yet something made him calm, making him stay.

🌸🌸🌸

Feeling that some of you will know who Issac's teacher is 🤭😁🤭😁