𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧-𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐍𝐄🌸

The air was crisp. The sun had barely risen, yet here Y/n was, standing out on a baseball field in a black jersey with white pants.

"Why are we playing an American sport?"

Y/n looked to her left to spot one of her teammates, Grace had walked up to her as they spoke up.

"Because we're all terrible at football and we want to steal something from the Americans," Y/n let out a soft laugh, wrapping her arms around herself. She was cold.

"I'm terrible at this sport," Grace let out a sigh, the warmth of her breath could be spotted in the air.

"It's alright, it's just one game," Y/n gave a small shrug.

"Hopefully I don't get a concussion somehow," Grace's eyes glazed over the field to see their team practicing their throwing.

"Don't worry about it, it's not that easy to get a blackout from playing a sport like this," Y/n looked at Grace with a reassuring smile.

"Thank god for baseball pants," George muttered. His eyes had drifted over to see the girls who had been jogging back to their dugout, swapping out their baseball mitts for their helmets and bats.

"Stop being a nonce, George," Will shook his head. Today Will's girlfriend was going to take part in a charity baseball match. He was a bit nervous, Y/n had never been too athletic, but to add onto that she was extremely clumsy.

"I'm sorry but some girls just have a nice ass," George had pulled his eyes away from the girls who were now beginning batting practices.

"Yeah, but you're acting like a nonce, knock it off," Will's eyes had finally landed on a h/c girl holding a black helmet. Y/n had been walking along with a girl who wore the same jersey as her. Just as Y/n had gone to place on her helmet, something had happened that made Will freeze in place.

Just as Y/n had passed by one of her teammates who held a bat, the teammate had swung, causing the bat to meet the side of Y/n's head. Within seconds of contact, Y/n fell to the ground.

"Fuck," George's attention had been brought to Y/n. Without thinking, Will had already begun to run towards the direction of where Y/n was.

Her teammates had huddled around her, no one had bothered to make a move. She was clearly unconscious. Will had quickly pushed through the circle of girls who had begun to crowd Y/n.

"Y/n," he had mumbled under his breath as he fell to his knees, moving Y/n's head onto his lap. Y/n hadn't shown a response. She had still been unconscious, her mouth parted, but no words slipped out of her mouth.

"Someone call an ambulance!" Will gently brushed Y/n's hair out of her face, "I think she's got a concussion!"

"Omgod, I am so sorry! I didn't realize she was right next to me!" A girl with black hair had walked over to the brunette man who was now checking Y/n's pulse.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter at the moment," Will had let out a sigh. He hadn't bothered to look up at the girl.

"Shit, she isn't dead, is she?" Someone had spoken up.

"Her pulse is still there, I just don't know how long she'll be unconscious like this," Will had replied. "Has someone called an ambulance yet?"

"They're on their way," George had placed his phone into his back pocket, his eyes traveling to see the couple on the ground.

"Thanks, George," Will had taken a moment to look over to his friend. He kept his glance for a short second, only to pull his gaze back to his girlfriend.

It had taken a good amount of time before an ambulance had shown up. By the time Y/n had been put inside of the vehicle, she had been mumbling words that meant nothing.

Luckily, Will had been allowed on the ambulance, meaning George had to drive his car back to the hospital the ambulance was making its way to.

"Is she going to be alright? Should I do something?" Will was filled with questions. Unfortunately, the paramedics hadn't paid much attention to the words he would spit out every ten seconds.

"For the fifth time, sir. She's alright. She obviously is concussed at the moment," A paramedic had finally responded, giving Will a short, but hard glare.

Once they had finally arrived at the hospital, Will had followed after Y/n for as long as he could. But finally, he was put to a stop by a nurse.

"Sir, you'll have to wait in the waiting room. We'll be doing procedures to make sure she isn't in critical condition. When she's awake, we'll see if she'll want to speak to anyone," a petite lady stood in Will's way, keeping him from continuing to follow Y/n and the paramedics surrounding her.

Will had let out a sigh, followed by a small nod as he made his way to the closest waiting room. After moments, he finally made himself comfortable, sitting in the back of a small waiting room. He pulled out his phone. It was 9:30, Y/n's baseball match would start in two hours. She had been excited to play the charity match, but here she was now, stuck in the hospital supposedly suffering from a concussion.

"Hey." Will looked up to see George enter the waiting room. "Do you know what's going on?"

"Not a clue," Will had let out another sigh. Today clearly wasn't going as planned.

"She's going to be okay, Will. She's a trooper," George had sat down next to his friend with a reassuring smile placed on his face.

Finally, after 45 brutal minutes of waiting, Will had been called into Y/n's room. There Y/n sat on a bed, gulping down a glass of water.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?" Will had hurried to sit down next to the bed Y/n had been sitting on.

"I'm alright, Will," Y/n only let out a small laugh. "I'm just a little bummed out over the fact I won't be able to play in the game today."

"I'm sorry about that," Will grasped his girlfriend's hands in his after she had placed her glass down.

"It's alright, I guess. I can always play another time," Y/n gave a small shrug.

"I'm so happy that you're alright," Will had moved closer to the h/c girl. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine," Y/n smiled. "Do you think there's any chance we could go and still watch the game today?"

"We still have time to get there, and George can cough up his ticket for you," Will had placed a kiss on Y/n's forehead, only making Y/n smile.

"I love you so much, Will," Y/n had grinned.

"I love you too."

Eventually, Y/n had been checked up on for one final time before being released from the hospital. George had given up his ticket to Y/n easily, after all Will was slightly forcing him to come with him.

Just before the game had started, Y/n had checked up with all of her teammates, and of course the girl who had hit her had apologized over a thousand times. Y/n had accepted the girl's apology easily, it was only an accident.

"I'm happy we get to spend this moment together," Y/n had spoken up as the couple watched one of Y/n's teammate hit the ball into the outfield.

"I thought you wanted to play though?" Will raised a brow as he wrapped an arm around Y/n's shoulders.

"Oh, I really do. But I'm happy to just be here in the moment with you," Y/n nodded, looking up to her boyfriend with a classic smile spread across her face.

"I'm so happy that I get to call you mine," Will let out a breath, a small smile appeared on his lips as well.

Without thinking, Y/n had quickly kissed Will, only for him to pull her closer into his embrace.

Maybe it was a good thing Y/n got a concussion.

WC: 1.3k+