𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬🪐

They hadn't been doing that well, Y/n couldn't help but feel stress overwhelm them more often. Little things had started to become so much more distressful for them, such as getting to the right place on time. They just felt like so much was on their plate. Y/n had started to go to bed later and wake up earlier. They had begun to cut out time with friends, Y/n just felt so busy.

Even when Y/n got a bit of free time, they didn't feel free. It felt like Y/n had just forgotten something. So even when they were able to take a moment to themself and just breathe, they couldn't. They needed to keep working.

When Y/n finally found time to relax, they never could. Their mind would start to just pick at themself, over-analyzing every moment that passed.

'Why did you do that?'

'You don't look good at all today.'

'She doesn't actually wanna hang out with you today, she's just saying that to be nice.'

'Stop being such a bore.'

'People are gonna think we look bad.'

Just being an overthinker was one of the reasons Y/n had tried to keep busy. If they had their mind on other things, they wouldn't be able to pick at their own insecurities. Y/n understood this may not be the best way to deal with their anxiety and stress, but it definitely made them feel better about themself. They would rather become unnerved over the amount of work they would put on their own plate instead of being anxious over their insecurities.

Y/n had known this wasn't healthy. They knew it wasn't smart of them to push their friends away only to focus on getting random tasks done. And they weren't the only one who knew it. Their boyfriend had noticed almost right away.

George and Y/n had been dating for a little bit over a year now, over time they had ended up developing a relationship where they weren't just in a relationship, but they had also become good friends. George had learned how to read Y/n like an open book, so he could tell when something was certainly wrong.

As soon as Y/n had started to busy themself with constant work, he had noticed it. Every time he had tried to get Y/n to go on a date night, they said no.

'I'm sorry, Georgie. I took on my coworker's shift Friday night.'

'What about Saturday?'

'This weekend I'm planning to visit my cousin to help her set up her nursery for my niece.'

A small bit of George was worried. Maybe Y/n was only doing all of this to keep themself away from him. What if they had decided they no longer wanted a relationship with him and was planning to break up with him? As the days rolled on, and Y/n stayed busy, George just needed an answer to everything. He needed to know if this was Y/n's way of showing him they lost interest in their relationship.

He knew that at this point there was no telling when Y/n would be at their flat considering how they always wanted to be on their feet. So one afternoon, he found himself at the front door of his partner's flat, his spare key in hand.

As soon as he stepped inside the flat, he could tell no one was there. All the lights were off, throw pillows on the living room couch had been tossed about the room messily while George could notice rings on the glass of Y/n's coffee table. It was strange, whenever it came to the coffee table, they made sure to use coasters. Why suddenly start leaving marks on the table Y/n had tried to keep clean since they first got it?

Walking into Y/n's kitchen, George had been surprised by the untidiness. It was normal for Y/n to be a clean person. Every time he had come over to their flat, their home wouldn't be immaculate, but it still would look nice. Some days when Y/n would come over to his and Alex's flat, they'd clean up a bit there too.