𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫-𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬🪐

Y/n jumped awake. A loud bang had erupted from outside their window. It was common for it to rain in London, but thunder? Thunder was just something Y/n couldn't handle.

For minutes on end, Y/n sat in the dark, their room illuminating only when a bolt of lightning would strike down. Every time lightning or thunder would come around, it would never be this bad. When thunder echoed throughout the city, it sounded as though an explosive had been dropped.

Y/n's fear of thunder wasn't helping them. By now, they were shaking while the sudden need to throw up had come up in their system. For a while, they just sat there, watching in bolts of lightning reign down from above.

But of course, Y/n wasn't the only one to wake up from the sound of thunder. Only a few flats down the hall, George had woken up too. It had only taken a few moments for him to figure out what was actually happening. Once he had realized a thunder and lightning storm was happening, Y/n popped up in his mind.

A while ago, they had told them about their fears and how they couldn't stand thunder, it was something they had feared since they were little.

For the past couple of months, George and Y/n had been dating. They met sometime back when their mail had started to get mixed up, he could still remember the first day they started to talk.

George had heard a knock on the front door, only to find Y/n standing in the hall.

"Hey, are you Alex? this was addressed to this flat and it somehow got put into my mail," they stood there with a small smile, an envelope in hand.

"Actually, that's my flatmate, I'm George."

And that's where it started. George had gotten a few envelopes that were supposed to be mail for Y/n, while Y/n had gotten mail for Alex and George. Eventually, they had gone down to the lobby and gotten everything sorted out, but by then they had become friends. The more and more they hung out, the closer they got, only before George had asked Y/n out.

George found himself in the hallway, knocking on Y/n's door. He just wanted to check up on them, he was worried. After a couple of moments, Y/n opened the door. They stood there with a blanket wrapped around their shoulders.

"George?"

"Are you alright? Do you need anything? Do you want me to stay over tonight?"

"Please?"

With a gentle smile, George walked into the flat, Y/n closing the door behind him. The only light on came from the hallway, he could still see the lightning flashing from outside the windows. Usually, Y/n's flat felt warm and welcoming, but for once it actually felt cold and dreary.

"Are you alright, N/n? I know you hate thunder... I just wanted to check up on you," he spoke, looking back to Y/n.

"I'm..." there was a moment of silence as Y/n looked back out of the window. They watched as lightning continued to hit down from the sky, just as thunder could be heard, they flinched once more. "I could be better."

"God, I'm sorry about this, Y/n," George brushed a hand through his bed head, trying to keep it out of his face.

"It's not your fault, Georgie," Y/n flinched once again as thunder clapped outside. "I just never really liked thunder, you know that."

George took a step closer to Y/n, staring at them. The light of the hallway illuminated their face a bit of their face. God, they were beautiful, even when they had just woken up in the middle of the night. He soon found his hands gently cupping Y/n's cheeks, pulling them in for a gentle kiss. A sweet moment had only lasted a moment before Y/n had pulled away, flinching once again from the sound of thunder.

"It's alright, Y/n... I got you," George mumbled, wrapping his arms around his partner, pulling them in for a hug. They stood there, Y/n burying their face into George's chest as he swayed them from side to side gently. "Should we try and get back to bed? I know you have to go to work tomorrow."

"If it gets that bad, I'll just call in sick," Y/n sighed, looking up at their boyfriend. "But I guess we should try and go back to bed."

Carefully, as though Y/n was made of some type of China, George had Picked them up. As he began to walk down the hall, Y/n wrapped their legs around his waist, holding themself closer to him.

Once they had reached Y/n's bedroom, George placed them down on their bed. He made his way back into the hallway, only to turn off the lights before walking back to Y/n's bed, tossing his shirt off.

"you know you're probably gonna have to sneak back to your flat without that shirt, right?" Y/n grinned, moving over to allow their boyfriend to lay down next to them.

"You already have so many hoodies and shirts," he whined softly, pulling them into his grasp.

"Maybe I'm just trying to make a collection and you haven't realized it just yet," a small giggle escaped their lips. Y/n dragged their finger against George's chest, drawing nonexistent doodles against his skin.

"If you're doing that, I'm either going to go broke from buying so many new shirts or I'll just find some way to steal them all back from you."

"I'd like to see you try."

"I can make it happen," a small smirk appeared on George's face as he mumbled softly.

"I can spend the whole night telling you that you won't be able to take your shirts back," Y/n looked up, kissing George once again before continuing their sentence. "But I think I'd rather be able to peacefully fall asleep in your arms."

"That sounds like a good idea."

"Shush, Georgie. I'll take you out to breakfast tomorrow if you only shush."

"Will I be able to keep my shirt?"

"...Fine."

WC: 1k+