𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠-𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐭🌸

James had wasted the day away at the apartment shared by Alex and George. The boys had decided to film some collabs in person, meaning James had to leave his apartment shared with his lovely girlfriend, Y/n.

    James had left at a decent time in the middle of the day, Y/n was already up before he left. As he spent the day filming with the boys, he'd send texts to Y/n, telling her how much he loved her and simple things like that.

    He had offered to have Y/n tag along with him, but there wasn't going to be much to keep her entertained as the boys filmed. She had just decided to stay home and have a day to herself.

    "Are you sure, Y/n? I don't want it to feel like I'm leaving you alone," James had tried to convince his girlfriend.

    "I'm positive, J. Have fun," Y/n repeatedly assuring James that she would be alright was something James secretly adored. He loved the security she'd be able to bring to any situation.

    "God, I love you," James grinned.

    "Right back at you, boo."

    By the time James had reached the front door of his home, he was tired out. Hopefully, he'd be able to relax and cuddle up with Y/n for a bit. Maybe she'd be watching something on TV and he'd be able to lay his head in her lap, relaxing in her presence.

    As soon as James opened the door, the melodic sound of music notes being played off an instrument could be heard. To add to that, the sound of a gentle voice singing was heard as well.

    No, it couldn't be Y/n... she never sings. Why would she suddenly start singing out of nowhere? Maybe she was just insecure about her singing voice?

    As quiet as possible, trying not to disturb the peace, James closed the door, praying Y/n wouldn't hear anything. The melodic tune continued on as James listened, following the music to the bedroom shared by him and Y/n.

    James stood by the doorway, listening to the beautiful singing voice of Y/n L/n.

    "I see trees of green and red roses too, I'll watch then bloom just for me and you," Y/n sung out, the sound of an instrument complimenting her voice.

    In that second, James's heart melted. Y/n was singing their song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow. James leaned against the wall, continuing to listen to his girlfriend's angelic voice.

    "I see skies of blue, clouds of white. The brightness of day, the dark, say goodnight," Y/n sung out.

    James was excited. This was the first time he had heard her sing, she sounded amazing too. After a bit, Y/n had finished up her song.

    "That was amazing," James grinned, walking through the open doorway.

    Y/n let out a small gasp, "How long have you been there?!"

    "Long enough to hear you sing, Y/n that was amazing," James took a seat next to the h/c girl. She had been playing the ukulele as she was singing.

    "No, no. I wasn't that good. I was just mediocre," a blush came to Y/n's face.

    "Your voice is beautiful, Y/n. I love your singing. You should upload a cover or even an original song," James gave a gentle smile, enveloping Y/n in his arms for a hug.

    "Are you sure? What if people don't like me?" Y/n bit her lip, looking up at her boyfriend.

    "You're crazy. People are gonna love you," James gave a smile.

    "You're amazing, J. I love you," Y/n let out a sigh of happiness.

    "You're the amazing one, Y/n. Hell, I didn't even know you had a ukelele, I must be pretty blind," James chuckled, shaking his head.

    "Well, you do wear glasses," Y/n let out a giggle.

    "Yeah, yeah... anyways, do you want to put a cover-up on YouTube?" James had returned to his original question.

    "I mean, why not?" Y/n gave a shrug.

    "Alright, are you up to film it now? I mean you've gotten some practice in while I was gone," James sat up.

    "Okay, go grab your camera," Y/n gave a nod. James had gotten up from his bed, looking around the apartment to finally find his camera sitting around.

    When he returned back to the bedroom, Y/n was already set up to begin singing.

    "Alright, when the light goes red you can start, Y/n," James nodded, setting up the camera angel. Y/n only gave a nod, biting her lip. Within seconds, the light went red.

    Y/n let out a breath before beginning to strum her ukelele.

    "Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby..."

    After about three minutes, Y/n finished up the song and James had stopped recording.

    "Wow, that was..." James trailed off.

    "Bad? I don't think I did too well," Y/n began to bite at her nails.

    "Breathtaking. Y/n that was perfect," James smiled.

    "Thank you, J," Y/n blushed.

    "Just speaking the truth," Y/n's boyfriend gave a small shrug.

    Later that night, Y/n had uploaded the video to her channel. There had been plenty of times she had considered not uploading the video at all, but finally, with one leap of hope and faith, she had pressed the 'post' button. Within seconds of it being up, it already had received views. After all, people were already subscribed to her even though she didn't post YouTube videos. Most people had found her YouTube channel through her comments on the boys' videos.

    After Y/n told James she had finally posted the video, James had gone on his social medias, telling everyone to go and watch her cover. The Eboys had even gone on their social medias to tell their viewers to watch Y/n's cover too.

    It warmed Y/n's heart knowing the boys were willing to tell their fans to check out something she had made, even though it was small.

    Around two hours after Y/n had finally posted her cover song, she began scrolling through the comments, looking at the feedback.

    'Y/n sounds like an angel!'

    'Do you think Y/n and James will make a song together now?'

    'I hope she posts more covers or even starts posting her own songs.'

    Y/n was surprised to find George had even left a comment on her video.

    'Y/n did an amazing job with this cover, cheers to you Y/n!'

    Y/n smiled, pinning the comment and hearting it.

    "How's it all going?" James appeared out of nowhere. He looked at Y/n's Macbook, noticing she was scrolling through comments of her video.

    "People love it," Y/n grinned. "Do you think I should post another song?"

    "Definitely," James nodded. "People love your voice, Y/n. You're amazing."

    "I'm gonna go grab my ukelele," Y/n closed her Macbook, already getting up from her seat on the living room couch.

    James only let out a laugh, Y/n was definitely going to become more and more popular on the Internet with that voice of hers.

WC: 1.2k+