♣️Chαptєr 29: lσst spαrk♣️

"-ook Jungkook!" 

"Huh?" Jungkook finally answered as he confusey looked at his best friend. 

"Are you okay? You've been zoning out a lot today..." Taehyung questions, not really used to a quiet Jungkook. 

"I'm... fine." He answered as he poked his lunch and continued looking towards the entrance, obviously hoping for someone to enter the cafeteria. 

This morning after finding out Jimin quit his job, he doesn't know why he felt a painful sting in his heart. He completely lost his appetite and his head was filled with questions. He should be happy that Jimin finally left, and he is! At least that's what he tells himself. He really didn't want to come to school but for some reason, he wanted to see Jimin and ask him if he really quit. Out of curiosity, not because he wants to see Jimin. 

"You are zooming out again." Taehyung reminded Jungkook, which caught the others attention. "Are you... by chance looking for that elf?" 

"No!" Jungkook quickly answered as he raised his voice a little. "And don't call him that!" 

"But you call him that all the time." 

"Yeah, only I can." 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and raised his hands up to surrender. His friend looked like a possessive idiot. "So, where is he?" Taehyung questioned as he watched Jungkook's face frown.

"He... quit last night." His voice was low but Taehyung heard him.

"What?! Why?"

Jungkook look down at his tray of food that he did touch much. It took him awhile to answer as the scene from last night kept on repeating in his head, making him feel so guilty. "I... hit him."

"What!?" Taehyung raised his voice, not caring the fact that he grabbed his other friends attention at the table. He looked it Jungkook for a few seconds and started to get angry.

"You know what? I haven't come to school for the past few days because of a personal matter, but that doesn't mean I still haven't heard what's going on." He looked at the other disappointed. "You were going back to your old self, drinking, partying, and missing school. I was actually very proud of the changes Jimin made for the past month, but why would you hit him?"

Jungkook stayed quiet. Usually he would give death glance to anyone who raised their voice at him but now, he kept on looking down at his food, not able to answer.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung sighed as he rubbed his temples. "Please, tell me." He used a softer voice. 

"He... He told my father to t-take away my card and t-things... So I got mad a-and hit him..." He doesn't even know why he's stuttering. 

"Jungkook... if I'm not mistaken, you guys had a deal. You break the rules, you face the consequences." 

"I know! But who is he to tell me how to live my life!?" 

"Then be happy. He finally left you. You won't ever see him again." Taehyung bittery said. 

Jungkook once again felt the stinging sensation in his heart, the same thing he felt this morning when his dad said Jimin quit. N-never gonna s-see him again? That question repeated in his head over and over again, causing the pain to grow bigger. "I'll b-be back." He said as he got up from the table and walked out of the cafeteria to the bathroom. 

Once he entered the bathroom, he looked at his reflection in the mirror and placed his hand on his heart, not knowing why it was beating so loudly and painfully. "What's wrong with me?" He asked himself before turning on the cold water and splashing it on his face. "Why am I feeling like shit?"
.........................................✍🏼