Chapter 73: The Naked Truth

"Hold it right there!"

"What – what are you doing?" Lurching back, Wendy maneuvered out of Peter's reach. Peter dove, seizing her wrist.

"Stop it!" Wendy twisted, trying to wriggle free. "Stop it! Let go!"

"I will." Peter grunted. Wrestling with Wendy's hands, he tried to yank off her hood. "First take off the hoodie."

Wendy slapped Peter's hand from her head. "You can't tell me what – "

"Fine!" Peter snarled, rising into the air. "We can do this the hard way!" 

Dragging Wendy across the hall, Peter carted her into the girl's bathroom.

Slamming the door as Wendy wrenched free, Peter's attention drew to the only other occupant. Tinkerbell.

"Beat it, Tink." Peter ordered, glaring at Wendy as she took refuge by the sink.

Tinkerbell glanced up, first at Peter, then at Wendy. Lazily, she dried her hands over her lime-green mini skirt. "Proper place to take the crap for a date."

"Tink!" Peter shouted, making the pixie girl jump. "I said beat it! Get out of here!"

"Okay, okay." Tinkerbell ruffled her wings and fluffed her skirt. "But if you want any action from her, I'd go inside the stall – "

"I said GO!" Ruthlessly, Peter propelled Tinkerbell from the bathroom. Boiling in anger, he jammed the door.

Then Peter turned to Wendy.

"Take it off."

Wendy edged behind the sink, gripping her collar. "Why?"

Peter passed the first stall. "Got something to hide?"

"No. Of course not – "

"Then go on."

Wendy's heart pumped. Fingering the hood, she remembered Captain Lee Shang's threat to execute traitors. Despite her hurt, she feared for her father.

"I..." Wendy raised her chin to Peter. "...no."

Peter considered. His black eyes flit back and forth like a typewriter, as if he were reading Wendy's behavior. Suddenly, his eyes softened.

"Wendy..." Peter sighed, her name falling gently from his lips. "I can't figure you out. I know you're a little bit of a prude. But less than you think. And I don't know what you think about me..."

The black in Peter's eyes glittered like knives. "...but I'm even less of a gentleman than that pirate. Whoever he is. And I've got no problem acting like it. So..."

Peter folded his arms. "So we can do this your way...or my way." His gaze dug into Wendy's. "You pick."

Wendy stared.

But she said and did nothing.

"Fine." Peter unfolded his arms. "My way."

Wendy shook her head, unbelieving until Peter reached out his hands. Swerving from the sink, she sprint for the door, only to wrench away from Peter in retreat.

Panicked by the futileness of escape, Wendy ran into a stall. Peter launched through the air, nearly ripping the door off it's hinges as he charged. Darting like a falcon, he slammed into Wendy, cornering her against the stall.

"Stop!" Wendy cried. Hunching over, she squeezed both hands protectively over her head. She buckled as Peter grabbed the hoodie and yanked up. "Stop! Stop touching me!"

Peter was relentless. He yanked again, wrenching Wendy's arms pinned to her side. Then, realizing Wendy did not have his shadow and could not threaten him with her needle, Peter took a fistful of fabric and pulled.

Rip.

The blue fabric split up Wendy's back. Overpowered with sudden desire and crazed with Wendy's vulnerability, Peter yanked. Wendy fell back against his chest, arms lifting.

Peter's hands flew like spiders, crawling around Wendy's torso. Seizing her hoodie and her camisole, Peter pulled Wendy's clothes up and over her head.

"Oh...my...God."

Wendy dropped, knees cracking on the bathroom floor. Sobbing, she hugged both arms over her bra, trying to hide the bruises blackening the left side of her chest, neck, arm, and face.

Peter was shocked. Paralyzed he gawked at the disgusting welts on Wendy's delicate body.

"Wendy." Peter knelt. Anger sparked him back to life as he touched a red cut on Wendy's cheekbone. "Who did this? Who did this!?"

"Go!" Wendy thrashed out, pushing Peter's hand away. Sobbing, she pressed her forehead against the stall. "Go away!"

"Tell me!" Peter crawled over the small space. He hugged Wendy's shoulders. "Tell me now! Was it that pirate?"

Wendy tugged, trying to lean away. "Go away!"

Peter held her closer. "Was it Facilier?"

"Stop! Just go!"

Peter squeezed. He felt Wendy's heart beating under his arm. 

Then, he remembered...

"Was it...your father?"

Wendy's thundering heart told Peter the truth.

"Grown ups!" Peter spat, shaking with rage. "I'll kill him. I'll slice off his ha— "

"No!" Wendy begged. "It was an accident. He didn't know! He didn't know! The pirate brought him alcohol! It wasn't his fault! Please don't – "

"—I'll slice off his hands so he can't hurt you agai – "

"No!" Wendy seized Peter's arm. Tears poured over bruised cheeks. "Captain Lee said he'd execute – "

"—He deserves to die!"

"Peter!"

"What Wendy?"

"Just – just – "

Wendy stared at Peter. Then, burying her head into Peter's shoulder, she wept.

Peter froze. Then, cradling Wendy in his arms he pressed his cheek against her hair.

"I've got you Wendy..." Peter closed his eyes, breathing in her hair. Protectively, he held her close glaring at invisible enemies. "....I won't let you go."

Wendy did not answer. But she held Peter as if he were the only thing keeping her alive.

Slowly, silence shivered over the castle like a winter's snow fall.

Then, the silence was broken by Mistress Minnie's scream.

"MICKEY! NO! DON'T GO!"