Chapter 107: Taking Fantasia - Sky and Sea

"Ariel! Ariel hold on!" Eric pushed through the ocean, John Smith and David behind. Arms digging over waves, he made for Ariel as mermaids darted undertow. Lifting his magical steering wheel, Eric turned. "Heads up!"

The ocean sucked then bulged, spinning Ariel and Ursula upside down and back again. Ariel tumbled between Ursula's tentacles, kicking water and pawing sand until she was free. Through the waves, she saw the mermaids dodging sharks to attack Eric, John, and David. As Lana seized Eric's leg, she forgot the trident. She swam to help.

Ursula stabbed the trident. The golden shaft whizzed over Ariel's eyes. The electricity buzzed across the trident's teeth and sparkled into the current.

"Get up!" Flounder burrowed her shoulder as Marlin and Nemo charged the sea witch. Sand billowed under Ursula's tentacles, clouding the water. "Ariel! Ariel! Get up! Whoa!"

Ariel pushed, head flipping from the ocean. Droplets sprayed as she slammed into Ursula, arms taught and back arched.

Electricity scorched the ocean. Ariel jerked, stabbing her knee into Ursula's belly but the seawitch was stronger.

"Wretched little urchin!"

Eric yelled as Ursula blasted Ariel with the trident. Forced underwater, Ariel grabbed the shaft. The golden head shot through the shimmering surface. The teeth, aimed for her throat, just missed, but stuck into the sand at either side of her neck. Ariel thrashed. Her neck hit the trident's teeth. Seizing the shaft, she pulled. Her chin hit the arch connecting the teeth. Head buzzing, she pushed up. Ursula shoved. The trident hit her windpipe. She was pinned. Trapped.

"Die. Under the sea." Ursula growled. Electricity sizzled down the shaft, reflecting against her seashell necklace. Eyes burning, she willed the electricity down the trident at Ariel. "Time to turn you into sea foam and shark bait!"

"NOT MY GIRL YOU DON'T!"

Ursula turned. She flinched, not having time to react as Peter flashed overhead and Jim's boot cracked between her eyes. The trident snapped away, cutting Ariel's chin and spraying electricity into rising breakers.

Jim crashed, sinking waist deep before lunging for Ariel. Eric was ahead of him, magical steering wheel disregarded as he lifted Ariel's arm over his shoulders.

"The trident!" Although he loathed to leave Ariel in Eric's arms, Jim changed direction. Mermaids encircling, he plunged an arm underwater, reaching for the golden glow. The second Jim touched the trident, his fingers buzzed. The vibrations pulverized bones as he lifted the trident. "Pan! Pan! The trident! Get the trident to Ariel before – "

"You!"

Jim shouted. Peter swerved, dodging Ursula's tentacles as she ripped both Jim and the trident into the air.

"You pitiful!" Ursula swung the trident, covering Jim in a golden, electric blaze. "You pitiful, insignificant fool!"

Energy exploded from the trident. Jim hurled senselessly as Ursula threw both he and ocean, covering the shore in a giant tidal wave. The water crashed in then pulled out, yanking students into mermaid hands.

"Rat Tail!" Peter yelled, scanning shore. Students scattered, running from the turbulent water only to be met by shadows and dragon fire. Skimming the battle scene, Peter dove underwater and through fire, searching. But Jim was nowhere in sight.

"Peter!"

Peter turned, hovering in air. The shore was black, charred by fire, but softened to mucus under Ursula's tide. In the center, slipping across the current, was Mulan. Several students were with her, armed but bent in pain.