☽ 8 ☾

Jimin was the first one to wake up. When he did, he realized, his head was no longer resting upon a tiger's back. Instead, upon Yoongi's stomach. However, before he had the opportunity to do anything else, the 'pillow' was removed from under his head. Jimin cried out loud when his head hit harshly against the wooden floor. 

"What-What happened last night?" Jimin heard Yoongi ask. 

But Jimin couldn't answer. He was curled up as ball, biting on his lips to not scream out due to the pain on the back of his head. 

"I told you to chain me up! I asked you to do one thing Jimin!" Yoongi yelled. 

Jimin whimpered quietly, feeling the numbing sensation spread around his head. His eyes were scrunched shut, tears wetting his eye lashes. 

"What happened?" Yoongi asked. His voice didn't show anger anymore.

Jimin whimpered again, curling up further. His head started to ache. His heartbeat rand loudly in his ears. He felt lightheaded. Like body didn't weigh anymore. His inside churned, threatening to throw up any second. And Jimin wasn't even sure if he was standing, sitting down, or lying on the floor.  

He felt Yoongi's finger, rake through his hair spotting upon one point. The one where the pain seemed to start from. 

"Oh my god- Jimin, I-I'm so sorry" Yoongi muttered. Jimin guessed his head had swelled up in that part. He wasn't sure if he heard footsteps. And if there were, he wasn't sure if they were coming towards him or going away from him.

After a short while, he felt someone cold and hard being pressed on the back of his head. He gasped from how cold it was. Jimin reaction was to move away but he felt someone's hand on his chest, and the cold substance back to being pressed on his head. 

"Don't move." He heard Yoongi murmur softly, "It's a small swelling. It will go away."

Jimin whined. It was a bit too cold. He tried to move away once again, but Yoongi held him in place. He didn't know how long Yoongi had that cold thing pressed against the back of his head. But after a while, it was gone. Jimin's head felt numb because of it. But the throbbing sensation was gone. 

When Jimin finally sat and looked around, he saw Yoongi sitting on the opposite side of the room. He looked dejected. Head in his heads. His body in a defenseless position. Jimin was confused why he had been behaving as such since yesterday. Even when he almost picked a fight with Namjoon and Jin, he wasn't angry. It was more like raw fear. 

"Yoongi?" Jimin called, walking towards him.

"No! Don't! Don't come near me!" Yoongi snapped. 

Jimin sighed and sat down where he was standing. He ignored the slight numbing sensation on the back of his head, knowning it would go away soon enough. 

"Yoongi... what happened?" Jimin asked. 

"You-You can't sta-stay here. Namjoon-Namjoon or Hoseok-Hoseok... you'll be safer with him" Yoongi muttered. Though Jimin was sure it wasn't the answer to his question. 

"What do you mean?" 

Yoongi looked at him. Jimin flinching from the sudden movement. 

"You're going to stay with Hoseok. I'll talk to him. It'll be better" He said, standing up.

"But I don't want to!" Jimin replied. He knew no one here. And the only one he had been with since he came here was Yoongi. And so far, the only one he felt comfortable to be with. 

"Why? Why? Why don't you understand that you're not safe with me?" Yoongi asked, pulling on his hair. 

"And how do you know that?"

"Did I try to attack you last night? Was I not the reason you got hurt the first thing in the morning?" Yoongi spoke in a desperate manner. 

"You didn't attack him last night... you didn't even do anything. Not a scratch. And in the morning... it was an accident." Jimin replied. 

Yoongi seemed to stop functioning when he heard that. His eyes widen as he looked at Jimin. 

"I-I didn't hurt you?"

Jimin sighed and shook his head, "No, not at all"

That calmed Yoongi down a lot. After a few seconds, he was back to his usualy self. The one Jimin had been seeing since he came here. And even though, Yoongi had been cold and distant since he met him, it was better the side he saw right now. The one who looked like he was losing his mind. 

"You hungry?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin nodded eagerly, "Famished."

He walked after Yoongi, closing the door behind him. He was suprised when he saw all the utilities that people have in the normal. Starting from the induction to a refrigerator. He honestly didn't think he would see all this here. In that moment, he realized about his phone. 

"Yoongi, my phone's dead." He said. 

The other glanced up at him and chuckled, "It won't work here"

"Huh? Why?"

"The Circle prevents the functioning of anything from the outside world" Yoongi replied. 

"But-But that-" Jimin pointed to all the stuff in the kitchen.

"These aren't from the outer world. Well, techincally yes, but these are different. There are several of us spread out their in the world. Some of who are still not aware of this place and some who left this place willingly. Those who left willing, they are the one who makes all these things for us." Yoongi answered, "If it isn't made them, it won't work inside the circle. Just because we are cut off from the rest of the world doesn't mean we are savages."

Jimin slumped his shoulders and clicked his tongue. That explained a lot of things but at the same time, it confuse him even more. He shrugged it off and sat down on the dining table. 

"How old are you?" Jimin asked abruptly.

"Uh... twenty-seven I guess... I don't know, I forgot when's my birthday." Yoongi mumbled. 

Jimin frowned hearing that, "How do you forget your own age and birthday?"

"Why would I want to remember the day I was born?" Yoongi said the word 'I' as if it was something forbidden and bitter. 

Jimin bit his lips and prevented himself from asking anything else. He waited till Yoongi brough him the food. His happily ate the breakfast. Bacons, egg and toast. While he ate, he would talk to Yoongi about random thing. At one point the elder asked what happened last night, so he proceeded to describe everything from to start to finish. Yoongi looked surprised when Jimin was finished saying everything. And the younger didn't understand at all why Yoongi hated himself so much. 

Nevertheless, he decided against asking about it. Some questions need to be answered just yet. Still some were that would be answered soon enough for Jimin.