TA. 20, Pillow Talk

Listen to Mood by 24kGoldn & Iann Dior while you read.

Travis 🐾

I set down the frying pan on the stove and cover the bottom of the pan with vegetable oil. I had all the food prepped and ready to be cooked instantly. I don't need to start from scratch.

"Do you know how to do that?" Kira asked from behind me. I looked back and saw as she took a slow sip of the soda, flashing me a shy smile.

"You mean this?" I ask and she nodded. "Its just frying, of course I can do it."  Or so I think.

"Cause I won't be taking blame if you burn down the house." She laughed.

"Thank you for thinking so highly of me." I replied sarcastically. Who doesn't know how to fry?  The only thing I'll be careful with is, not try to burn myself.

I mean, I'm not a fan of hot oil kissing my precious skin!

I grabbed the chicken and  slapped it onto the frying pan. While it sizzles, I open the fridge and check the leftovers for some good sides. Then I left the chicken on the fire and went to sit on the bar stool across from Kira.

Taking a straw, I dipped it into her glass of soda, neglecting mine. Slowly sipping, I watched her face for a reaction.

"And what happened to your drink, Sir?" She asked, feigning annoyance.

"Yours is better." I answered, smirking.

Kira glared at me and I laughed. "Indeed—" She paused, then looked around. "The chicken!!" She gasped.

"Jeez." Hurriedly, I stood up from the barstool and raced to the stove but Kira  beat me to it. "Wait, I'll take care of it." I told her, gently collecting the spatula from her.  I removed the chicken from the pan and placed it on a plate.

"See, I told you that  you're going to burn down the house." Kira laughed out loud. "How great, I'm going to be eating burnt chicken."  She mocked.

I turned the chicken on the plate around and checked it. It wasn't really burnt. "It's still good, silly."

"Yeah, I know you're trying to justify yourself." She said, still laughing.

"Whatever, we're eating it like that."  I looked to her side, and saw that she was still laughing. Silly brat.

I went over to her side and took her by her hand, my other hand, holding the plate. I walked her to the sitting room.

Guarding her to a chair, I carefully dropped the plate on a stool.

"It's movie night," I announced. "So miss, can you do the honors of choosing a movie for us?"

"What about your parents?" She asked, sitting up.

"Business trip." I nodded. It's a good thing they're gone, I can't be bringing Kira over if they're around. "So?"

"Ok... What about Tangled?" She beamed a smile.

What?

"You mean Tangled, as in Flynn Rider and Rapunzel?" I asked puzzled. She still watch cartoons?

"Yep." She narrowed her eyes. "Any problem?"

"No way." I guffawed. "I'm not watching cartoons."

"And why?"  She asked, looking offended.

"Nothing. Just that I was hoping for something real.... Like 'The exorcist'." I grinned, watching her expression.

She turned sharply to my direction.  "And I'm not watching anything horror.  I don't want to have nightmares. Won't want my sleep to be hunted by witches!"