1/3

Tatum & Draco's rooms^^

We changed into our robes as we arrived at Hogwarts. A tall bearded man was waiting for us calling first years to follow him. We followed him and entered the enchanted boats I sat next to Daphne, Pansy was in front and Draco was in the back. I dipped my hand in the water as we had our way to the castle.

Draco hopped out and helped us out helping me out last then pulling me into the castle to meet up with Vincent and Gregory. We reached the top of the stairs and Draco pulled me up to the top.

"Is it true?" Draco asked "They're saying that Harry Potter is here. Is it you?" Draco asked the scrawny boy that we had seen in the robe shop.

Harry nodded then looked at Gregory and Vincent.

"Oh this is Crabbe and this is Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." Harry then looked at me "And this is Tatum Rose" Draco introduced me. The red-haired boy next to Harry snickered.

"Think my names funny now? No need to ask yours." I sneered

"Red hair freckles, a hand me down robe, you must be a Weasley. No need to laugh at Rose, she could take your father's job with one owl after all her father is higher up then the Minister himself." Draco snarled back at the boy who gulped.

"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go around making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Draco said, extending his hand.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort out for myself, thanks," Harry said turning Draco down

"I'd be careful if I were you, Potter." I sneered. Before things could get any more intense Professor McGonagall led us in.

When we walked in Professor Dumbledore gave a grand speech. Me and Draco weren't listening; we were too busy fuming about Potter.

"Who does he think he is talking like that to us, what a joke that blood traitor is, and here I thought he might be one of us." Draco rambles on

"Remember Draco, his parents are dead, how was he supposed to know."

"Imagine living with muggles all your life; he's practically mud blood. Good thing his parents are dead serves him right for acting like that." Before we could continue on we hadn't even realized that they had started sorting and my attention was caught when I heard my name

"Tatum Rose" The great hall went quiet and was hushed. Draco squeezed my hand and pushed me forward. I walked up to the stool with my head held high. I could never let anyone know the true fear in my body. If I was anything but a Slytherin I would be a disgrace.

The sorting hat was then placed on my head. "What do we have here... another Rose. A family of great dark witches and wizards and we have a very powerful witch here. There's only one place for you Ms.Rose."

"SLYTHERIN" The hat shouted. The Slytherin table roared and welcomed me with joy. I sat down next to Daphne who grinned back at me and I shook many hands.

"Draco Malfoy" Draco walked up confidently before the hat was fully on his head he shouted

"SLYTHERIN" I clapped wildly and cheered. He came over. I stood up and gave him a huge hug then awkwardly let go. His cheeks seemed to turn shades and he quickly looked away and we sat down. As all the other kids got sorted it was no surprise that Blaise, Vince, Greg, and Pansy got in Slytherin as well. Harry Potter got in Gryffindor along with the Weasley whose name was Ron and the frizzy girl who was Hermione Granger.

Once we finished eating our prefect took us down to the dungeons.

"Pure Blood," The prefect said and the door opened.

The Slytherin common room was absolutely breathtaking. All the furniture was dark green velvet material and dark black wood. It was very elegant and well kept. Above the fireplace, there were silver trophies of the Slytherins many awards over the years. It was a massive space with enough room for everyone in the house. There were two fireplaces on either side and green couches.

"Alright girls dorms are to the right, boys to the left. Then private rooms are directly up the middle stairs.The girl private dorms will be on the right of the stairs, the boys private dorms are the left. Your belonging are already there." The prefect informed us. Draco and I headed up the middle. My parents paid extra for the best room, I assume Dracos parents did the same. Slytherins were the one house that made private rooms, probably since we were the only ones who could afford them.

Draco and I parted ways heading to our rooms. My room was the last in the hall and I opened the door and I unpacked my trunk in my grand closet which I am sure normal rooms didn't have. I grabbed some parchment and my pen to write to mother and father.

To Mother and Father,
Dear Mom and Dad, I have arrived at Hogwarts and I have been placed in Slytherin as expected. I will Get my schedule tomorrow and I will send you a copy. Draco and I both got private rooms which are nice. Daphne and Pansy are sharing a room so they didn't get an extra roommate so I can still hang with them. Blaise, Vincent, And Gregory share a room. We all got in Slytherin and will be sure to honor our family's name. Love you and miss you.
Love Tatum

I finished the letter and turned to my owl who I named Pigeon, I gave him the letter and opened the window. "To the Roses Mansion." I watched as he flew off into the distance.

The best thing about a private room is a private bathroom. I showered in the boiling water, fogging up the whole bathroom. I stepped out tying my robe and brushed my teeth. When I finished I heard a knock on the door I yelled come in thinking it was Daphne.

"Hold on," I said. I opened the door. It wasn't Daphne, it was Draco. He was laying on his stomach on my bed smiling.

"Hey Tatum." he snickered, glancing over at the pile of clothes I had set out to change into.

"Don't be a perv Malfoy," I said, grabbing the nightgown and undergarments.

"I'm not. I'm not" he said rolling over facing the other way. I walk back in the bathroom closing the door and quickly changing.

" Can I help you Draco," I ask while casting an easy spell to braid my hair.

"Nah I just wanted to see your room and see if you had gotten a good one," He said looking around

"I think I got the best one in the hall," I said plopping down next to him

"I think you did too," he says staring up at the ceiling then continues, "I think I'm going to go to bed now Tate, Goodnight I'll see you in the morning?" I nodded

"Night Malfoy"

"Night Rose"