3/11

It was now the end of term and two nights ago Sirus Black had been captured at Hogwarts and that very same night had escaped. Professor Lupin also had left the school having some personal health issues, rumor had it he was a werewolf but I didn't see it. I was glad he left for this cancelled our final in his class which I had been struggling on studying for he wanted us to one on one defeat our bogart and for full credit perform a patronus charm which I thought was completely outrageous to expect us to do that. I did pass all other exams and I thrived in charms. I was able to master a few spells without saying the spell. Professor Flitwick was very impressed and offered to bump me up to 5th year charms next year. I told him I would think about it. It would be a lot of stress and I wouldn't be with my friends but I think I will do it. Dumbledore informed us that even though Sirus Black was still on the loose he was no longer a threat to Hogwarts and the dementors will be going back to Azkaban which everyone was thankful for. I had gotten over the Hippogriffs death shortly after and Granger had almost broken Dracos nose. He wasn't too happy when I told him to let her be and that he deserved that punch as a reminder to not act like a toddler. I boarded the train and sat in the room with everyone and once again walking by I saw Higgs and Pansy in a cart together. They had been keeping each other occupied all semester. I don't think they were doing anything; they seemed more of cult plotting stuff but it kept them both away from us so I didn't mind.

"This summer's going to be awesome." Draco said as I sat down next to him he continued "Is everyone going to the world cup this year? Father said we were invited by the minister to sit with him." I wasn't going to tell him that my father had probably been too lazy to send tickets and hadthe minister do it.

"Mum doesn't like quidditch she probably didn't even get tickets yet" Blaise huffed.

"Blaise you are coming to the world cup. I'll get my father to put you by us." I said then continued. "All of us will be in the same row, we might just be spaced out a little."

"It's going to be amazing. I can't wait." Theo smirked

"What team to pick though?" Blaise said.

"Ireland all the way there practically Slytherins with their colors." I said without even needing to think.

"No way haven't you seen Bulgaria's new seeker Victor Krum, he's amazing." Daphne argued back.

"Nah he's alright I think you just think he's hot" Theo said.

"He is though! Plus he is still in school and he is on a professional team. Come on it doesn't get any better than that." She protested.

"I'm with Daphne. Besides the whole Krum is hot thing he is an amazing seeker and will beat Ireland with ease." Blaise said.

"What do you think Draco?"

"I don't know I haven't decided what team I like better yet." He said.

"Well if everyone is going I want to share a tent" I said.

"Ooo that will be fun I'll do it" Daphne smiled. We argued back and forth about quidditch for the whole ride home and we finally reached the platform.

"You guys..." I said but was cut off.

"Must promise to write?" Theo mocked and I nodded.

"We always do, you don't have to remind us every single year," Draco said, slinging his bag over his arm. I got up and carried Pigeon off the train and hugged Daphne, Theo and Blaise. They always got picked up on the right and me and Draco got picked up on the left. We walked over only my dad and Lucius Mlfoy were there neither of our moms were.

"Welcome back dear" My father said, taking my trunk and owl. "Hello Draco," he added, Draco nodded and his father looked at me.

"Tatum, nice to see you, we will look forward to seeing you at the world cup." He sharply said. I turned to Draco and hugged him. It felt awkward with both our fathers eyeing us but it didn't mean anything besides goodbye.

"Tatum we must go now" I heard my father say sternly. I had to hold myself back from glaring or rolling my eyes at him when he grabbed my hand and before I could say goodbye he disappeared away from the station.

"Why were you in such a hurry?" I asked him confused as we appeared in our house.

"I have work to attend to and you and Malfoy were wasting time when you two are obsessed with each other." He said walking to his office.

"Maybe that's because we have only been best friends since we were babies." I slightly raised my voice as I followed him.

"Drop the tone young lady I think you have forgotten that you are back home. He has changed from since he was a young boy and he is changing you to do bad things. Even at the Christmas party he ended up coming and he dissturbed the whole thing. Don't think I haven't found out about that or how you and your friends sometimes get in trouble. You are not remembering who you are and quite frankly I don't approve of it, look how you're dressed now even." He pointed at me I was wearing a jacket and leggings with tennis shoes and my hair in a sloppy bun.

"This is not how we have raised you. I have let you live your carefree life for long enough but you are growing up and need to start acting like an actual lady." He shouted. I was glaring with my mouth dropped. He continued "Not to mention your mother and you have that pathetic deal about arrangements if it was up to be you would already be arranged."

"How unfortunate that it isn't your decision, it's mine. This is my life and I intend to live it the way I see fit." I snarled back and he gripped my shoulder frimley and looked me in the eyes.

"I can turn that into my decision in the blink of an eye. This may be your life but you're living it under my name and as a Rose you will live it like a Rose." He sneered back. I shoved his arm off my shoulder

"Where is mother?" I asked, glaring at him.

"She is out on business. This year will be different." He said and with that he slammed his office door in my face leaving me speechless. I ran up to my room and called Tiny and locked the door. Father has been angry with me before but he has never targeted me like that.

" I thought he was proud of me. I was top of my class passing all my peers and he couldn't admit that and had to point out my friends and the way I dressed. I was on a train for multiple hours, that's why I'm dressed like this." I ranted to Tiny who sat and listened.

"Master has been rather angry lately." She piped up.

"Tiny what do you know?" I asked her

"Mama I can't say" Tiny lowered her head and tensed up.

"Tiny come on I need to know" she shook her head but I didn't speak until she finally did.

"Your father has been in and out a lot lately some eleves think umm that...." she paused

"Tiny tell me"

"Some elves think that... you know who is on the move." She whispered. I stared at her.

"Is he back?" I asked hushly.

"No but your parents have had many meetings with some death eaters and they haven't done this stuff in 14 almost 15 years when he was still alive " She whispered.

"All I know is something might happen at the world cup and I was instructed to be with you at all times" She added. "But you can't tell anyone else"

"I won't thank you for telling me though '' Tiny brought me up dinner that night. I didn't want to eat with just my father. I might lash out or he might. I thought about owling Draco about it but Tiny said it was important that I didn't say anything so I kept my mouth shut but things felt different. I was born the year the dark lord was killed. I never had seen my parents when they were following him but after today I didn't know if I wanted to. My mum always met me at the train so something was up if she had to leave and not even owl me. However my mum wasn't technically a death eater just like Narcissa Malfoy. Both families were an arranged marriage and that meant that only the husband of the family got the dark mark. If he comes back as long as my father is still around I am safe and I don't have to worry about it until I'm 18 if he really does come back I'll be forced into marriage or getting the mark and honestly I rather die than do either. I have a low pain tolerance and from what I've heard getting the mark is the most painful thing that can happen and that terrified me.