6/25

I sat staring at her still in shock. She covered her face and sobbed into her hands.
"Us? Who's us?" I asked her

"YOUR BROTHER!" She screamed then her eyes widened and she froze as my jaw dropped.

"My... My what?" I whispered

"I wasn't supposed to say that." She whispered "Tatum you can't say that to anyone. Tatum do you hear me" She said raising her voice.

"I have a brother?" I asked

"Tatum lower your voice! No one can know! Please, Tatum!" She begged me

"Why should I keep your secret? You have done nothing for me and you don't even want me to marry Draco" I spat back

"Tatum I promise if you keep this secret I will do anything for you please!" She whispered now at my mercy

"Tell me. Tell me all of it. The full story." I said She passed and nodded a few times, wiping her tears away and regaining composure.

"Where do you want me to start?" She asked quietly and shamefully.

"Where the book started and the notes," I said she nodded once more.

"When I was about your age, I had a potions class with Slughorn. There was a boy the same year as me that no one ever spoke to really. He was a Slytherin and a half-blood. The boy kept it covered for the most part but everyone had known. Slughorn had assigned us partners for that class and I was assigned to... Severus. I was upset as you could imagine it was my favorite class and I had gotten assigned to the boy no one spoke to. I refused to talk to him, that was just how I had been raised and he instead started the notes. He would write things out and over time I found out he was actually rather smart. I got to know him. I was severely judged for it but I decided he wasn't so bad and we became rather close friends." She explained and paused

"What does this have to do with my 'brother'?" I asked her she shook her head

"Towards the end of my sixth year, we had gotten very close. He had asked me out I agreed and we dated in secret no one could know. Especially not my family. Summer came and we had to part I never saw him over the summer. This year though my family had been preparing a ball to help them find a worthy husband for me to continue our blood purity. At the end of the night at the ball, I had been introduced to your father he was nice but he was older. After the ball, my parents decided they liked him a lot and he and his family came over many times and I was forced into constantly hanging out with him. I was grateful when school started back up I was free from my family and I was able to return o Severus who I explained it all too but no arrangement had been made over the summer so I was alright. We still dated in secret and we continued our mutual love for potions. Severus had this crazy idea that if I was forced into marriage we could flee the country and create our own business of some sort where we made potions. I loved the idea and then winter break came and then the news was dropped and your father made his offer to my family on Christmas Eve for the arrangement and the offer was too good for my family to turn down. I didn't get a say in it at all. It would ensure that many future generations to be filthy rich like your father. When I returned I couldn't tell Severus I just didn't have it in me to tell him. There was no getting out of it. I couldn't be disowned and I couldn't disappoint my family I was the only child they had. I continued to date Severus deep down knowing that I wouldn't be able to be with him. It was the last week of school. He had done this whole beautiful set up in his dorm and I assumed it was because he had figured it out that I was going to be leaving him. So that night we umm..." She paused as if she didn't want to say it.

"You had sex?" I said blankly and she glared at me for a split second.

"You shouldn't be using that word." She said I scoffed, what word would she have preferred me to use? "But yes we had... sex. After we had laid there and he had gotten out a piece of parchment and handed it to me. I remember opening it and having this dreaded thought and I read it to myself he was asking me to run away with him and marry him. I couldn't for my family and I knew he was still in love with that Lily girl." She said I stopped her.