3/8

I hurried down the stairs just as guests were arriving. I got to the door and greeted the Greengrasses. Daphne's younger sister had come along so I just put her at the end of the table.

"I knew the dress would look stunning on you!" Daphne said looking at my dress.

"What can I say you have great taste, come on." I dragged Daphne to our table and sat her down. A little later Vince and Greg showed up and they took their seats.

"Woah I think this is the first time in a while I have seen you two in actual suits." I said

"Mum made me" Vince said

"Same for me" Greg nodded. Next Marcus and Adrain came in chatting. I stood up and greeted them.

"Flying on a broom with a broken bloody nose to this?" Marcus said, twirling me.

"I could say the same to you two." I said looking at them dressed up. Pansy joined us she was in a black dress. Theo came into the room with Blasie who was sat down by Daphne. Theo sat down and turned to me.

"I thought Draco wasn't coming?"

"He said he might show up so I don't know just in case he does."  I replied looking at the empty seat.

"That's an excuse you just didn't want me to sit by you, harsh." Theo said and I rolled my eyes. We waited for 5 more minutes and then Astoria spoke up.

"Who are we still waiting on?" she asked quietly

"Higgs." We all said together.

"That's my name." Higgs said walking through the two doors.

"You're late," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Actually I was one of the first here, your father was talking to me. Why did you miss me?" He said cockly walking all the way around the table.

"No we definitely didn't miss you, we just wanted to eat." Blaise said annoyed

"Ah such a shame Malfoy couldn't join us on Christmas eve" Higgs said sitting down smirking.

"Tiny, we are ready for dinner." I said to my house elf who went back into the kitchen. They returned with plates and served us.

"Ooo this looks amazing" Theo said grinning at his dinner. Greg and Vince already started to dig in.

"Mmm remind me to stop by your house more often for dinner" Theo said in between bites.

"It is pretty good," Daphne agreed. We ate dinner quietly  and I told Tiny to bring out dessert which I was excited for. They brought out a large cheesecake and sliced it off and then Higgs started talking.

"So how's quidditch this year?" He asked casually I let Marcus take care of this one.

"Much better actually. Malfoy who replaced you is much better than you; he can actually fly a broom." Marcus replied easily. Higgs didn't reply, instead I heard him introduce himself to Pansy and they started chatting away.

"Marcus guess what I heard" Adrian said from across the table.

"What?"

"They're going to be releasing the new broom next week."

"Really?" I asked. He nodded

"They say it will be the quickest one yet."

"I thought the one you all had now was fast" Daphne said joining in

"They are but just imagine if they were faster."

"Everyone has to get one." I said

"Well here's what I was thinking" Marcus pointed his fork at me " See if they come out lets say tomorrow first of all they would be ridiculously expensive even though we can afford it why not wait till next season when we get new players get the matching team set like we did last year. Our brooms right now are still the fastest out of all the houses, and by the time the new season starts we can get them." Marcus explained.