6/22

My mom held me to her then stepped back as the sound of others came from outside. Narcissa was talking to Draco who still seemed rather shaken.

"Is he dead? Did Draco kill him?" My mother asked

"He's dead, Snape killed him" I replied

"I see." She said with a nod. I looked at her and she seemed different. For the times we were living in she seemed relatively calm and almost happy

"Mom we need to talk, what happened in the past, do you have another..." I whispered my mother stopped me.

"We cannot talk right now." She said her tone changed and she walked back to the couch there was a loud cheer as Bellatrix entered through the front door. Greyback was right behind her then followed by Snape and McNair I saw no signs of the Carrows. Narcissa pulled me aside.

"What happened out there?" She whispered

"He didn't kill Dumbledore, he was frozen, I tried to but Snape did it for us," I said quietly. She pulled me into her.

"Thank you, Tatum I honestly think you saved my son this year." She said to me.

"He saved me too," I replied she was nodding trying to bring herself to the realization that we had both lived.

"Why don't you go upstairs so we can talk with the adults," she said pulling back I shook my head.

"No, I want to stay," I said Narcissa sighed but didn't argue. We sat in the living room listening to Bellatrix.

"The dark lord will be pleased! We should owl him to tell him the news!" Bella insisted.

"Sister the dark lord is already aware that Dumbledore is now dead he will call us when he wants to speak with us we must not interrupt him," Narcissa replied calmly.

"A waste of time I think the dumb boy could barely utter a word all night. He couldn't even do it! Severus did it instead not even she could" Greyback sneered motioning toward me.

"Did you not hear her?... She had no problem with killing him Severus only got in the way!" Bellatrix said they were talking as if I wasn't even there in the room with them.

"The girl did not need to murder Dumbledore, she didn't need to start having a list of people she has murdered at such a young age," Snape said calmly.

"You shouldn't be talking Severus!" Mcnair shouted at him "Looks like you have just given up your whole act as a double agent now. The Order will no longer trust... you. I don't think the dark lord would be pleased." Mcnair finished looking at his nails.

"Mcnair that isn't any of your concern the dark lord trust me." Snape snapped back. The sound of someone apparating into the house caught our attention and we all turned back to see Lucius walking through the front doors closing them behind him. Narcissa stood up and walked over to him urgently grabbing his hands speaking quickly. I heard a loud pop and looked back Bellatrix had opened some champagne. She grabbed some glasses and filled them up. She walked back, passing them out, handing me a glass and I took a sip. Bellatrix brought the bottle to her mouth and drank the rest of what had been in the bottle grabbing herself a glass after.

"Stop being so dull! Tonight should be a night of celebration!" Bellatrix shouted standing on the table.

"Bella do not stand on my table!" Narcissa shouted at her Bellatrix ignored her.

"We should invite the dark lord to join us in such a celebration. The only threat to our great lord is now dead! Call him Severus let him know the great news..." We all flinched as suddenly our arms started burning. I quickly set my drink down and pulled up my sleeve. Our marks were moving. Bella started laughing hysterically. I tried not to make a face or wince but the pain was brutal. It burned as the snake started to circle the skull. I hadn't seen it do this before.  "The dark lord already knows! He wants to see us tomorrow! All of us!" Bellatrix exclaimed happily. I shook my hand and shivered as the mark stopped. Bella caim by sitting down by me with a bottle of wine in her hands now. "Don't fret you shall be rewarded for your own attempts of killing Dumbledore which you would have succeeded if Severus hadn't been in your way. You have earned it, Tatum you are one of us now." She grabbed my left arm.