5/11

Tomorrow Draco is off to school tomorrow. I still hadn't brought myself to tell him what was going on. He was in his room. The sun had already set and it was dark outside. I needed to get this over with. I just hadn't found the time to tell him. After Christmas we had hung out a lot together and it never left right to say anything to him. I walked through the bathroom and knocked on his door.

"You can come to Tate" I heard him say so I twisted the handle and walked in his trunk and was on his bed. He was packing a few things up. I sat down at the couch staring at him.

"Draco I need to talk with you," I said as he looked back at me and was trying to read my face. He came over and sat next to me.

"What about?" He asked

"Remember when I said I didn't want to talk about the meeting? Well I need to now."

"Alright what happened?" He asked carefully.

"I won't be returning with you tomorrow at school" I finally said quickly

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I'll be staying here for a month," I said biting my lip. My heart was beating quickly. I knew he wouldn't like this.

"What? You can't. Your grades will drop. We have quidditch, the quidditch cup you can't miss that Tate! What about our Prefect duties?" He said angrily.

"Snape is going to excuse me from all that I miss, and I can't control this Draco. You're gonna have to take charge with the quidditch team and find a replacement. Now I have to do this alright it's only a month it isn't like it's a full year" I said trying to reason with him.

"Why? What are doing for the month? Who is gonna be with you?" He asked me to tell he was trying to hold back his anger but he wasn't doing a great job.

"I need training. The dark lord is sending me out to help complete a task. I can't apparate, I can't do any really crazy spells, so Bellatrix is going to be training me" I explained

"You can't do those things you have the tracker on you and you can't do underage magic outside of school." He said, trying to argue with me.

"All of those are not a problem, they are working on removing them so I can." I said he stayed quiet for a moment.

"Why did you just now tell me this?" He asked me

"I don't know I never felt like it was the right moment. Draco we have talked about this, things are different now and priorities are not always going to be our choice!" He ran his fingers through his hair. I put my hand on his shoulder and he quickly sat up and swatted it away.

"You're working with the other death eaters! Most of them our twice your age, who are you gonna fight? People twice your age which means twice your magical ability. You could get yourself killed." He groaned.

"Draco we are after Harry Potter,"

"He's never alone"

"I've jinxed his friends before I could do it again" I said he seemed more relieved knowing it was only Potter but he was still not pleased.

"If I prove that I can serve the dark lord well on my own I won't have to get the mark Draco. This is my chase."

"And if this fails and something goes wrong?" He hissed

"Then I think we both know the outcome" I waited for his response waiting for his rage but to my surprise he sighed

"Well Tate you better not get yourself killed. I mean that" He said looking into my eyes and my heart skipped a beat. No matter how often I looked at him he always had the same effect on me, well he did at least these recent years.