5/3

"Funerals are the worst thing in the world." I mumbled walking back into Draco's room tossing my hand bag on a chair. We had waited two week for the funeral so my grandparents could come. They didn't even know my name. They had preserved my father's dead body for two weeks after his death. I found that disgusting.

"Well we got through it, it's over now." Draco shrugged, loosening his tie on his suit.

"Who decided it was a great idea to bring a dead body and put it in a room with a bunch of depressed people who make family members suffer by having to be constantly reminded that oh yeah by the way that person is dead. Then every single person there half of them didn't even know my dad, telling me he was such a great man and loved by many bullshit." I shouted walking through his bathroom into my room. In the last week we had created that so we could see each other when the dark lord was around. He had been visiting a lot and Draco's dad had said once he was here that we weren't allowed to step out of our rooms so we just joined our rooms to make it easier. I spelled it so only we could find the door.

"All the people from the ministry were brave to even show their faces there faces there. They are the reason he's dead, they were the ones who sent the aurors after your father." Draco said from the bathroom and I agreed.

"If I could find the one who killed him I would have not a single regret finishing him off. There were only two reasons people were there. One family or friends and were there for mental support or two they feared him. No one besides maybe my mother really loved him, I didn't even love him like his own daughter. It could have been different but he had practically disowned me then got himself killed after killing someone in the ministry that was on him and he said I disgraced the family name. How hypocritical. If my mother hadn't forced me to go I could have lived on just fine without having to go to that. Unzip me." I said turning to him and he paused and turned to me pulling my hair to one side and he unzipped it as he went down. I could feel one of his silver rings run down my spine. The cold metal ring gave me the chills. He let go of my hair then continued. I shut the door but cracked it so I could still hear him.

"So let me get this straight you would have no problem killing the man who killed your father but you're not mad that the man killed him? So then what's the point of killing the man." He asked me. I slip my dress off, changing into something more comfortable.

"He still killed someone in my family, people can't just think they can get away with that and just live on to tell the tale." I said walking back into his bathroom and he pulled a t- shirt over his head and grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Well let's try to keep the killing at a minimum alright?" Dracos said and I rolled my eyes.

"I guess for now I will, I'm going to bed tonight Malfoy" I kissed him on the cheek and went back into my room. I shut the door and walked to my bed but I looked back when I never heard the door slam shut. Draco was holding it open staring at me.

"What is it?" I asked climbing into the covers.

"Night Rose'' He said then closed the door and I sighed. Tomorrow things will get better. We were going off to Hogwarts. Quidditch would start up and I could forget about everything for a year. I had already made my mind up that I was not going to return home for the holidays this year. It was selfish of me to leave my mom but she had plenty of people she could be with but for me right now home just didn't feel like home anymore.

The next morning my mother hugged me goodbye. She refused to drop me off at the station fearing she might be bombarded . Narcissa took me and Draco to the platform with the help of Tiny who loaded our trunks once we got there.

"Hey I forgot to give these to you two, I had gotten them after you left to Diagon Alley but there was never a great time to give them to you both." She said and then handed us each two letter inside the letter that had a pin that said prefect. Draco nodded and tucked it into his pocket .