2/6

The necklace Draco got her^^

Christmas went by quickly all students were advised to go home since there had been multiple students who had gotten petrified. I had gotten many gifts this year but I had two favorites. A silver bracelet from Theodore that had been custom made to say Tough Cookie and a diamond necklace from Draco. My parents had pretty much ignored and never brought up what had happened and acted as if it had never happened and I was grateful for that. There were no parties this year and everyone had mostly stayed home this year.

When we had returned back from the holidays and returned to Hogwarts you could see that most students were on edge. It was advised that students went from classes to their common room or the great hall. Dumbledore wanted students to stay safe and also advised us to not walk alone and only walk in groups. However the slytherins thoroughly enjoyed this we had nothing to worry about whatever was haunting this castle was no enemy to purebloods.

"Look at this," Draco said, pointing a paper on the board in the common room. I walked over to him to see what it was. It was a dueling club and it started up tonight at 8pm.

"Sounds boring" I said walking away and sitting in a chair "I already know a good amount of spells for defending myself, who's teaching it and who is it offered to?" I asked about filing my nails.

"It doesn't say who teaches it but it's offered to all students." Draco said sitting across from me

"Do you think that means we would get to duel students from other houses" I asked raising a eyebrow

"I think it means you might be able to duel a gryffindor if that's what your asking." Blaise said joining our conversation.

"It might be worth a shot to check it out, who knows you might even get to duel Potter" Draco smirked.

"So does that mean we are all going to go?" I asked. They all nodded and grinned.

That night Draco, Blaise, Theo and I headed down to the great hall. I tried to get Daphne to come with me but she refused my offer. We made it to the great hall and it was the first time I had seen it without all the tables. The tables were instead replaced with a long stage. We gathered around with the other students waiting for a professor. Gilderory Lockheart stepped out and then Snape joined him, this ought to be interesting.

"Gather around. Gather around! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?Excellent!" I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Now Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling Club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourself as I myself have done on countless occasions."

"Yeah right" Theo snickered

"Let me introduce you to my assistant Professor Snape. He tells me he knows a tiny bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me out with a short demonstration before we begin. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your potions Master when I'm through with him. Never fear!" Lockheart said, smiling. The professores bowed to each other then raised there wands to each other.

"On three we will be casting our spells, obviously not aiming to kill one another" Lockheart said then started counting "One. Two Three."

"Expelliarmus" Snape called out before Lockheart could do anything. Snape's spell sent Lockheat spinning off his feet and flew backwards onto his rear. A few girls gasped in shock but we all started snickering and cheering for Snape.

"Well there you have it. That was a disarming charm as you see I have lost my wand -- uh thank you Miss Brown an excellent idea to show them that Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying so it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy however I felt it would be instructive to let them see the outcome." Lockheart said brushing himself off Snape looked unamused and was glaring at Lockhart.

"Uh Enough with the demonstrating I am going to come amongst you now and put you into pairs. Professor Snape if you'd like to help me"

Lockhart said walking down off the stage and pairing up gryffindor's with each other Snape reached Weasley and Potter before Lockheart could

" I don't think so Professor Lockhart I think it's time to split up the Dream Team." Snape sneered

"Mr. Malfoy come over here let's see what you make of the famous Potter. And you Ms.Granger you can be partnered with Ms. Rose. Granger and Rose you two first". I smirked as I walked up onto the stage.

"Face your partner!" Lockheart called out. I faced Granger with an evil smirk. "And Bow." Lockhart continued. This was an act of respect. I had not a spec of respect for her and I watched her bow to me. I refused to bow back. Roses bowed to no one but there equals.

"Wands at the ready! On three you may cast your spells only to disarm, we need no accidents!" Lockheart shouted.

Disarms only? Nope this was my chance. "One. Two. Thr..." Before Lockheart could finish three I had already casted my first spell "Petrificus Totalus" I shouted and struck Granger and she froze I didn't stop "Expelliarmus" I yelled and she shot back like a statue and her wand flew out of her hand and I caught it grinning..

"I said disarm only" Lockheart shouted

"Well professor she did disarm her opponent" Sanpe defended me. I threw Granger's wand onto the floor and hopped off the stage and was praised by my fellow slytherins. Lockheart undid my binding spell and Granger groaned and barley was able to squat down to grab her wand making me smile. I had successfully inflicted pain.

"Potter and Malfoy" Snapped called them up and they bowed to each other before Lockheart counted down Potter looked up at him "Professor could you show me that blocking thing again" Potter asked weakly making Draco grin
"Scared Potter?" Draco muttered
"You wish" Potter sneered

"One. Two. Three" Lockheart shouted. Draco quickly casted a spell shouting "Serpensortia!" A long serpent was shot out of his wand and onto the stage the snake hissed at Potter.

"Don't move Potter. I'll get rid of it." Snape said stepping forward.

"No allow me!" Lockheart said shooting out a spell that threw the snake in the air. When it hit the ground it was angry. Potter stepped forward and was talking in a language we couldn't understand. The snake seemed to understand him and then I realized he was a parselmouth. The snake turned and started heading straight to a Hufflepuff boy on the other end of the stage.

"What do you think you're playing at?" The boy yelled at Potter and quickly left. Snape stepped forward and waved his wand, making the snake turn to ashes. We all stared at Potter. Ron had quickly pulled him off stage and the golden trio left. Lockheart ended the practice and we all headed back to our common room.

"Do you think he's the heir?" I asked

"No way," Theo said, shaking his head.

"I doubt it" Blaise added

"Definitely not Potter would be a disgrace. He could never be the true heir of slytherin." Draco muttered.