RESOURCES: Learn From These Wattpad Authors

With more than 100 critiques under my belt, I've encountered everything. And a lot of those everythings are pretty interesting. All authors have strengths and weaknesses; no one is perfect. But a lot of those strengths outshines the strengths of others and deserves some clear recognition. You, as a writer, might not like to read the works of others, but simply put, you cannot learn if not by example. I don't know these authors personally. I don't endorse them, and no, I am not telling you their works are stellar (please see Recommendations Page for that). I'm telling you they have a talent that you can benefit from studying and you do that by seeing how they work. I'll add to this now and then, but keep a look out for the updates and come back often to see some great skill bases pooled in one chapter.

 I'll add to this now and then, but keep a look out for the updates and come back often to see some great skill bases pooled in one chapter

HOW TO JOIN THIS LIST

There's no real way to join this list but through getting critiqued. If you'd like to nominate someone, please leave a comment on this page, along with their specific chapter and I'll take a look. No. You cannot nominate yourself (sign up for a critique and you may get on the list that way).

1. Original Ideas
sandydragon1 (Quit Bugging Me) | PrishiniBarua (Invocation of Erastus)

2. Making Cliches Work
sclair_ (Entwined) story is not cliched, but the genre is

3. World Building
Kymeraent (The Road After) | Kymeraent (These Old Bones)

4. Character Building

5. Good Dialogue

6. Know-it-all female leads (that aren't preachy)
  ANHorton1227 (A for Arson)

7. Lengthy but not Tedious
Siennafrost (Sirens)  ANHorton1227 (A for Arson)

8. Description / Details
sxxaint (The Stains Beneath Our Skin) | AdultOfTheFuture (Memories Knit) |  CandyAtkins (The Lost Knight (vol. 1) |  AndiJ37 The Entrapment of Stars (Chapter One: Dust) | MadsMHaley (Dragon's Blood)

9. Great Prose
Siennafrost(Sirens)  | DachetGrival (Madrigal) | Shareese86 (Divided) | DiscoWerewolf (The Hybrid Cycle) | 4everSherlocked (Partners in Crime)

10. Nuance

11. Great Introductions (Opening Lines, Setting, Paragraphs)
BroodingHyena  (My Bright Shade of Black)  | HKelle (Rise) |  KhoisanK (MOandLANA) | AndiJ37 (The Entrapment of Stars)

12. Great Endings
sclair_  (Entwined)  |  Gadralneure (Flights of Fancy: #4 Journey to Cogitan)

13. Making the uncanny appealing
DiscoWerewolf (The Hybrid Cycle)

14. Suspenseful but not exhausting
AzulMidnight (War Of The Forgotten Lovers) | CharlieOakree (The Dark Mind Wanders: Layers of Sin)

15. Great Twists

16. Tugs at the heartstrings
Shareese86 (Divided) | RavenAqua (Hooked)

17. Great tongue-in-cheek writing (Satire)

18. Breaking the Fourth Wall
HurricaneKareena (Reasons Why I'll Never Be a Cheerleader)

19. Great Bad Guys
 DiscoWerewolf (The Hybrid Cycle: Gasper)

20. Know-it-all Male Leads (that aren't preachy)
ANHorton1227  (A for Arson: Langley)

21. Bratty Teenage Leads (that are likeable)
HurricaneKareena (Reasons Why I'll Never Be a Cheerleader)

22. Making your skin crawl
sxxaint (The Stains Beneath Our Skin) | CandyAtkins (The Lost Knight (vol. 1)

23. Loveable Moron

24. Cultural Appropriation

25. Fun Run-ons

26. Thought Provoking

27. Mean Protagonists (you'll like)
Again_if_only (𝕮𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖔𝖗 𝕭𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖉)

28. Ugly Cry Inducing

29. Action Scenes
DiscoWerewolf (The Hybrid Cycle: 3 The Rest Stop) | KhoisanK (MOandLANA: Chapter 1)

30. Love Scenes (affectionate moments)