O N E

"Why can't I come with you?" I smile at my younger brother tenderly, "I wish you could Draco, but you know that you have to wait till you're eleven." He pouts up at me, "but that's in two years, how am I supposed to spend two years without you?" I try and bite back my smile, "I'll be home for the holidays and school isn't a full year." I assure him, "all the holidays?" He asks holding his pinky out, "all the holidays." I repeat hooking his pinky with mine.

"Draco you better not be in there bothering your sister, you know that she needs to get ready to leave." Both of our moods sour as we hear our fathers voice, "it's ok Draco you never bother me." I whisper over to him making him grin brightly before father enters the room. "Draco leave at once, go and bother someone else." I frown as I watch how his smile drops and he leaves the room with his head bowed, "are you ready Lyra?" I nod making him smile, "get a move on, Dobby!" One of our house elves appears at the shout, "yes master malfoy?" Father grimaces at the poor creature, "take Lyras trunk down at once." Dobby nods and does what father demands.

"Now Lyra you know that we expect you to be in Slytherin?" I nod, "yes father." I mumble wishing he would leave me alone. "And no fraternising with mudbloods." I nod once more. "Good girl, we're leaving soon don't be late." He says before finally leaving me be as soon as he leaves I feel a breath of relief escape, one thing I couldn't wait for was to be free from fathers judgmental gaze I just hated that Draco would be left here alone.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Once we arrive at the train station a family catches my eye immediately, there's seven of them in total, one woman with six children all have red hair they must be the, "Weasleys." My father spits out harshly in disgust as though the very word brought a bitter taste to his mouth. I frown over at them watching the smiles on all of their faces, there was five boys and one girl, the oldest from the bunch was handsome no doubt, I watched for a second as he helped his mother rally the other children. There were a pair of twins identical, grinning mischievously I quickly hid my smile as I watched them after father squeezed my shoulder tighter than necessary. "And absolutely no fraternising with the Weasleys." He tells me in a hard tone I nod before looking back at them one last time, they looked so loving, so warm.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Take care dear, and write to us often." Mother says as she leaves a tender kiss on my head, I would miss my mother terribly as well, her and Draco were my whole world and I did love my father but I just wished that he was different.

"Bye mother, Father." Mother squeezes my hand and Father simply nods, "bye Draco." I say to my young brother who was still pouting softly at the thought of us being separated, he pushes forward and hugs me making me smile, "remember you said every holiday." He reminds, "every holiday." I confirm kissing the top of his head before father pulls him off of me. "Enough of that Draco, let Lyra leave." Draco nods sadly and so I wink at him making him smile slightly.

Once I board the train I quickly find an empty compartment, hoping that no one will enter I was slightly afraid to converse with the other children, what if they didn't like me? That could be avoided if I just didn't speak to anyone.

My peace was disrupted when two figures entered, "oh sorry to startle you, we can't find any other compartments with any space, you don't mind do you?" Before I can even reply the twins make themselves comfortable, "thanks." They say as I just watch them a bit dumbstruck for a second.

"Hello there I'm Fred and this is George." I smile and wave, "George don't mess with her, I'm Fred and he's George." The other one pipes up making me look between them in confusion, "so you're Fred and you're George?" I ask unsurely making them grin, "maybe." They say in unison. "And you are?" Well if they were Weasleys then there was no doubt that their father Arthur would hate mine as much as my father hated him, and I didn't want them to hate me, not yet at least.

"Lyra." I say simply making their eyebrows furrow, "got a last name Lyra?" It was slightly unnerving the way that the two of them spoke in perfect synchronisation. "Maybe." I echo what they had said earlier with a knowing smirk making both boys grin at each other. "You hear that Freddy?" The supposed Fred nods, "sure did." Then they both turn back to me, "we like you." I wondered how long that would last.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Whoa." I can't help the gasp that escapes me once the school is in sight, the castle it was breathtaking I couldn't wait to reach it. We follow after the Professor who introduces herself as Professor McGonagall and into the large dining hall, "wicked." I hear the twins whisper as we look up to see the enchanted ceiling it was beautiful just like the whole castle. "When I call your name come and sit on the stool where you'll be sorted into your appropriate house." I feel my palms begin to clam up, I had to get Slytherin otherwise there was no telling how mad father would be. "What house are you hoping for?" The twins ask me, "we want Gryffindor of course." I force a smile, "I don't mind." I lie, Gryffindor sounded nice but non of the other houses were options for me it had to be Slytherin.

"Lyra Malfoy." I hear the twins soft gasps at my surname and I avoid their gaze as they share a look, great they probably hated me now and it would only get worse once I got my house, it was common knowledge that the Slytherins and the Gryffindors didn't particularly like each other. "Aah curious, curious indeed." The hat says as it lands on my head, "Slytherin please." I say cutting right to the point, "Slytherin?" The hat asks making me nod, "yes please." It pauses a second, "are you sure, you could do tremendously in Gryffindor." I shake my head, "Slytherin." I demand making the hat sigh, "well alright it better be SLYTHERIN!" I feel like I can finally breath clearly as I make my way over to the table who were cheering wildly for me. The twins got Gryffindor of course but they didn't look at me again during the whole ceremony or feast.