prisoner of azkaban ; 42

42 | THE DOG

THE END OF THE YEAR is a week away. Y/n was doing great, like any other year, she got the highest mark of her year, Slytherin also came close to the quidditch cup but Gryffindor won despite Draco cheating. Speaking of Draco, he never talk back to y/n, Blaise, and Theo from the night where  the three proof hin wrong, guess someone ego is wounded— a perfect excuse for rescheduling the quidditch match, y/n thought. But despite not winning the quidditch cup, y/n knew the Slytherin has many house point so y/n was positive that Slytherin would win.

Anyways, she is now in the black lake sitting with Potter. The two of them talk about Sirius Black a lot, they sometimes imagine if the infamous killer isn't a killer.

"I'm convinced he's not a killer." y/n said looking straight ahead.

"I'm beginning to doubt about that too." Harry said looking at y/n.

"Two word to describe the ministry is fucked up. They are quick to judge, arrogant, not to mention hungry for money, liars little fuckers." y/n cuss looking angry.

"Language!" Harry said and y/n roll her eyes.

"You're not a saint either Potter." y/n said making Harry smile a bit.

"Imagine if we grew up together." He said a sad smile on his lips.

"I can't since I still have my mum." y/n stated.

"But there's must be a weekly visit?" Harry said.

"I never knew he was my godfather until mum died." y/n shrugged.

A big black dog came and sat infront of the two. Y/n and Harry jolted in surprise but still sat down.

"Hi doggie!" y/n said after a couple minutes of eye contact with Potter.

The black dog look behind him and made his way in the middle of Harry and y/n.

"Can I pet you?" y/n asked looking at the dog, the dog just open his mouth still breathing erratic while forming a smile, his tail wagging. Y/n smile at tge dog and bring her hand to the top of his head— petting him.

"But isn't the Black family isn't the nicest family out there?" Harry asked after a couple minutes of silent.

"None of the Pureblood families is normal, every single one of it has a dark past despite they turn out good now." y/n said smilling sadly.

"But, you can't judge every pureblood being evil, not every single us is evil, it's just like you're saying that the every single Slytherin is evil." y/n said.

"Besides, haven't you talk to professor Lupin?" y/n asked sighing.

"What for?" he asked and y/n face turn into confusion.

"Lupin was his friend." y/n said still patting the dog whose now halfway on her lap.

"I'll take to him soon, probably." Harry said.

"There you are!" they heard two voices behind, y/n and Potter looked behind them and saw Granger and Weasley.

"What are you doing with the 'Hogwarts Queen'." Weasley mocked, air quoting, making y/n smirk.

"Top of the year, professor's favorite, richest women in the world, Hogwarts sweetheart, youngest elite model, one of the greatest quidditch player, nine time winner of witches weekly charming smile, you got more titles than Gilderoy Lockhart." Granger scoffed.

y/n didn't know why but she is quite sad hearing that statement, hearing all of her fucking titles. But nevertheless she keeps a smirk.

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you." y/n said making Granger roll her eyes.

"I'm not jealous." Granger stated narrowing her eyes.

"I'm sure the amount book you took from the library a day would disagree." y/n smirk, leaving the three alone.

Y/n made her way back to her room and sat on her couch and rethink all of the things Granger said. Her smirk drop and turned into a frown.

you forgot about my dead mother, my sister who support other people rather than me, my dog whose been killed by a Astoria yet she slipped from trouble, Voldemort needed something from me, the elder wand being mines— and if people know there's a high chance I'll get killed, never really had a family to begin with, raised by the house elf, spending my entire childhood with the Malfoys and now they act like strangers, my bestfriend left, y/n thought.

people really do like to judge from the outside doesn't it? y/n chuckle sadly.

hii! I know it isn't that much but I do hope you enjoy this chapter.

anyways, I published another story, so if you wanted to check it out, please doo!!

don't forget to vote and follow me