half blood prince ; 79

79 | SLUGHORN

"HARRY MY BOY I've beginning to worry." Slughorn looked behind him where Harry stood along with Weasley.

Y/n is now on potions class. After Theo left her room with Teddy earlier, she didn't do much, just wipe a few tears and hugged Teddy whose been looking cute. The pygmy puff Theo gave her is very cute, not to mention care for y/n too despite just met her. The pgymy puff snuggle against y/n while her cry.

"Ms. Parkinson!" Slughorn called making y/n looked at him.

"Now, as I was saying. I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what theses might be, Ms. Parkinson?" Slughorn looked at y/n. Y/n stare at the table.

"That one is Veritaserum, that's a truth-telling serum. Its commonly used in interrogation." y/n stood infront of a potion, she moves to the side.

"This is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the whole world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them. For example I smell," y/n got closer to the potion.

"Smokes from cars? New clothes." Y/n smells, the first one is like Manhattan without the odor from people, the second one smells like clothes from expensive stores she bought and as the last smells hit her, her eyes widened.

"Theodore Nott." she mumble, it's smells like him without any of expensive cologne, it's smells like home.

"I didn't quite catch that Ms. Parkinson." Slughorn made her looked at him.

"Teddy, my new pet." y/n lied easily as she went back to the other students.

"Now Amortentia doesn't create actual love, that would be impossible. But it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Slughorn closes the potion before the girls in the class could smell it.

"Sir? You haven't told us what's in that one." A girl pointed at a tiny vial beside Amortentia.

"Ah yes, what you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion, known as Felix Felicis. It is more commonly referred to as Liquid Luck." Slughorn held the vial.

"Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong, one sip and you find that all of your endeavours succeed. At least until the effects wear off." Slughorn explained, Harry and Draco head perked up as he said that.

"So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. Recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books." The students started to opened their books and y/n too. The potion would be easy for her since she had made it before on the summer. Since she had nothing to do, she made the potion and make some pointers to perfect it, she could easily get the vial, but she needed Harry to win it, since Dumbledore already told her about his little task.

"I should point out however, only one student who manages to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commerce." Slughorn smile as the student started went to their stations.

Y/n work besides Draco, while looking at Harry. She was suprise to see Harry not struggling for one bit, so she just made it calmly. Y/n looked at Harry and see that he made it perfectly, she made the beans 12 rather than 13 to make it less perfect. The time then started to finishes.

Slughorn tested everyone and when he came to Harry. "Merlins beard! it's perfect! So perfect I dare say one drop would kill us all!"

"Ms. Parkinson, it's near perfect but Mr. Potter is more perfect." Slughorn said as he tested y/n's.

"So here we are, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations." Slughorn gave the vial to Harry at the end of the lesson.

Y/n couldn't sleep as the day was over, it was after dinner where everybody was already back on their dorms. And that's when y/n was alone with her thoughts. Thinking about Theo alone, overwhelmed her so she grabbed Teddy and went to the common room where she saw Draco sitting alone.

"Hi." Y/n mumble as she sat beside Draco.

"What do you want?" Draco grumble and y/n sighs.

"You know I won't stop nagging you right?" y/n stated looking at Draco.

"I know you're fucking annoying." Draco glare at her, making Teddy glare at him.

"You're little ball is angry at me." Draco gave Teddy a look.

"Of course, your a dick." y/n gave him a look.

"Then why are you here?" he ask angrily.

"I don't know! Theo don't give me a fucking chance!"

hi! I said that I wouldn't update as much this week and it's tru lol

and idk if this chapter makes sense, I'm just a mess bye<3