half blood prince ; 77

77 | SACRIFICE

Y/N HEELS TAP against the tiles of Hogwarts. It was past the curfew, but she didn't care, she needed to go to Dumbledore's office for their meeting.

She went in front of the Gargoyle whose guarding Dumbledore's door and she muttured the password and the gargoyle let her in. She made her way towards Dumbledore whose sitting behind his desk and Snape whose sitting opposite him, y/n took a seat beside Snape.

"took you long enough." Snape grumble making y/n roll her eyes.

"oh shut up, unlike you I could probably be killed if Filch knew I was walking around."

"Filch wouldn't do that y/n." Dumbledore reassure.

"have you ever listen to the things he muttured?" y/n asks looking at Dumbledore like he have two heads.

"I'm sure it's fine dearie, on another note, what do we have?" Dumbledore asks looking at the two infront of him, Snape shrugged and nudge over y/n.

"I haven't heard from the Dark Lord." he explain and y/n nodded.

"we all know what Lucius Malfoy failed to retrieve the prophecy." y/n said on a serious note which the two nodded.

"Voldemort punish his failures by making Draco a death eater." y/n said and Snape nodded.

"he have a mission, to kill you and be the owner of the Elder wand." y/n says looking down.

"what do you mean kill me?" Dumbledore asks raising his eyebrow.

"he thought to get the Elder wand, the one whom own it, needed to be killed." y/n felt guilt.

"I'm sorry I didn't stop him to think that." y/n looked down.

"there will be some sacrifices that had must be done." Dumbledore gave y/n a hopeful smile.

"Including Harry Potter."

y/n and Snape looked at each other confusingly.

"Draco should fail which would presume the Dark Lord will turn to you." Dumbledore explain looking at Snape who stood up looking at Dumbledore expectantly.

"you must be the one who kill me, Severus, it is the only way, only then, the Dark Lord will trust you completely."

"there will be a time when Harry Potter have been told something. But you must wait, until Voldemort is at his most vulnerable." Dumbledore stood up, still looking at Snape seriously.

"must be told what?" Snape deep voice asks.

"On the night Lord Voldemort went to Godrics Hollow to kill Harry, and Lily Potter cast herself between them, the curse rebound. When that happen, a part of Voldemort soul latch himself to the only living thing it could find, Harry himself."

"There is a reason why Harry could speak to snakes, there is a reason why he could look in Lord Voldemorts mind. "

"A part of Voldemort lives inside him." Dumbledore walked towards Snape.

"So when the time comes, the boy must die?" Snape asks, starting to get speechless.

"Yes, he must die." Dumbledore nodded.

"You kept him alive so he can die at the proper moment. You've been raising him like a pig for slaughter." Snape said in disbelieve.

"Don't tell me now you've grown to care for the boy." Dumbledore asks looking at Snape.

Y/n stood up joining the elder wizards. Snape began raising his wand.

"Expecto Patronum." Snape swirls his wand.

A doe came out from the tip of Snape's wand as it beautifully glide around the room and after it hits the window, it's gone. Dumbledore and y/n watch the doe as Snape stare at it with meaningful eyes.

"After all this time?" Dumbledore looked at Snape in surprise.

"Always."

Y/n made her way back to the Slytherin common room, still deep in her thoughts. The thought of Dumbledore would die this year, Snape would most likely to die since he would 'have' the Elder Wand, Harry would die since he's a hocrux himself, and that's why Dumbledore was already there for her first year, that's why he chooses y/n to be the owner of the Elder Wand, because she will be the one who end Voldemort.

It didn't take her long as she reach the Slytherin common room. She mutter the password and got in as soon as the door opened, leading to her house common room. She saw a figure sitting on the leather couch, which she didn't expect since it was late.

She could make out the figure as Draco Malfoy, looking more pale than usual, being in deep thoughts. He didn't even notice when y/n took a seat beside him, until she clear her throat.

"What do you want Parkinson?" he grumble.

"I don't want anything from you— just want to make sure your fine." y/n mumble.

"Brilliant y/n! tell the Dark Lord that. Don't worry I'm not screwing up." Draco said sarcastically.

"I'm not here because of the Dark Lord." y/n snap looking at Draco.

"Then what are you here for?" Draco glare at the girl, who gladly glare back. But realizing what she's doing, she break the gaze and breath out.

"I want to know if you're okay." y/n said softly not looking at Draco.

"What do you think?" Draco grumble, y/n looked at him in the eyes, sadness was painted all over it.

"I'm not fine." his voice crack.

one of my favorite chapters, i cried when Dumbledore said "after all this time?"