order of the pheonix ; 71

71 | FORGETTING

THEO WORDS HITS her deep. All over the break she thought about it. She thought about what went wrong about herself. But of course with the immaculate time she spends on her room, she figured out her problem, theo.

Ever since she was left alone with Theo in Paris. Summer in third year, that's when she and Theo got so close. That's when she and the Malfoy broke apart, where Draco and her got into a ridiculous fight. That's where she lost herself. She knew the second year wasn't good but that's Voldemort doings not Theo, she couldn't exactly ran away from Voldemort, she could dig in more info to knock him down, but what could she do is, staying away from Theo.

So she did, the train back yo Hogwarts was silent. Y/n didn't speak a word to Theo while she read a book, Theo kept stealing glances but y/n ignored him.

As soon as the train halted, y/n hurried up and packed her things and went away, leaving Theo behind. She got into a carriage with some first years and as soon as Hogwarts came to the view and the carriage halted. Y/n made her way straight to her dorm, where she umpacks. She also change her clothes and freshen up.

After that, she went to the common room where she saw Draco talking to Astoria, she got close and pecked Draco's cheek, taking him by suprise. As soon as Draco saw her, he engulf her into a hug with a smile plastered on his face.

"when did you came back?" he asked and y/n took a seat beside him, forgetting Astoria whom he just talked to a few second ago.

"awhile ago." y/n said shrugging. Draco wrap an arm around her making her lean to him.

"I think I got a lead on Potter." he said and y/n looked at him.

"you do?" y/n asked with fake excitement. She wouldn't admit it but she do care about Harry, even though they aren't in a good place right now.

But she knew she had to be just like Snape, being Voldemort most trusted peoples as well as Dumbledore's, but act like on Voldemort side even though they're not. So in order to do so, she needs to steer clear from Harry.

"y/n?" Draco asked pulling her away from her thoughts, making her look at him.

"yes?" she asked.

"as I was saying, Potter had been secretive so we followed him at night and he always leads to some corridor but everytime we were there, there's nothing there." Draco said which y/n doesn't really understands what he was saying.

"what? how?" y/n said in fake shocked. She felt bad on lying but happy that Draco's happy.

"I don't know, we're planning to catch one of his friends though." he said shrugging.

"really? how?" y/n asked fake smiling, she either should won a muggle oscar or Draco is just too oblivious on this.

"we suspect bunch of people whose been acting weird, so then we'll find whose the person who had never talk to him but acting weird, therefore, they'll snitch because they aren't that close with Potter." he said smiling proudly to himself.

"well when you'll do it though?" y/n asked and Draco stood up.

"now actually."

"oh." y/n said covering her disappointment, she really wanted to spend time with Draco, like old times.

"I want to spend time with you, but you know I got work to do." he says and y/n sigh, nodding.

"do you want to join the squad with me?" Draco asked making y/n scoff.