4.1

Ashton groaned squeezed his eyes tighter when the sun hit his face. He open one eye and looked around the room he was in. He started to panic when he didn’t realize where he was. He sat up quickly and immediately regretted it when he felt the marching band go off in his head. He groaned again and looked down to see a bare back. His eyes widened as he studied the back that was half hidden by the hair that seemed to have three colours in it. Ashton closed his eyes and lifted the covers. He slowly opened his right eye and whimpered when he saw both him and his companion were naked. Ashton groaned again as the pounding in his head continued. The least he could’ve done was remember having sex but he drawing a complete blank and he needed to wake up the girl to see if she remembered what happened last night. He didn’t remember past trying to talk someone out of egging a house last night.

Ashton poked the girl’s back and she stirred making him jump but she didn’t wake up. He poked her back again. “Excuse me?” Ashton said as loudly as the pounding in his head allowed him to.

“Shit! What?” He heard her grumble but she made no move to face him.

“Uh, do you know where we are?” Ashton asked slowly as he looked around the room for his clothes.

“Obviously.” Amy answered with a roll of her eyes. She didn’t know why the boy didn’t just leave. Today, she was going to skip class and sleep all day and she didn’t even care about the consequences.

“Well, where are we?”

“A frat house.”

“How’d we get here?”

“A cab.” Amy said finally rolling over and climbing out the bed. She heard Ashton gasp and she turned around to face him. “What?” She asked frowning at him and she struggled to put on her underwear.

Ashton nervously cleared his throat and scratched his head. “You’re uh. You-you’re naked.”

“I'm fully aware. You weren’t this nervous last night.” Amy said pulling her hair in a bun as she pulled on her jeans and looked around for her top.

“We had sex, didn’t we?” Ashton asked holding the sheets around his waist. This was exactly why he didn’t want to get drunk in the first place.

“Yeah, we had sex; more than once and it was exactly what I needed last night. So, uh, thanks I guess.” Amy said heading for the door of the room.

“Wait!” Ashton said a little too loudly and was rewarded with a good five seconds of pounding in his head. “Uh, do you want me to call you or...”

“You don’t have to.”

“What if I want to?”

Amy laughed and came over to sit at the foot of the bed. “Okay, let me put it like this; I don’t want you to call me. This was just a onetime thing.”

“Can I at least get your name?” Ashton asked and she smiled and patted his thigh.

“Thanks again.” She said before walking out the room and purposely slamming the door causing Ashton to cry out in frustration.

***

A few days ago when Ashton spent the night out he happened to leave his phone and Michael took the opportunity to help himself to Abigail’s number because, as much as he thought the first letter was bad; the second one he read was way worse. But he still hadn’t called her and that only made him angry at himself. He was just lazing around in his hotel room because he over slept and the boys had all gone out sightseeing.

He sighed as he picked up his phone and dialled her number. He pressed the phone to his ear and waited; he counted six Mississippi’s before she answered.