6.3

Michael unlocked his phone and checked the time again. Abby was already supposed to be out of class and if she decided to be a nerd and stay late to study it would really mess up his plan to be all romantic in his efforts to surprise her. It was coming down to the end of semester and she was starting to flip her shit because her work was beginning to catch up with her. He had barely seen her in the last month and it was really starting to bother him. He had to admit, as much as he wanted to see her do well, he was jealous she wasn’t more like Amy. She was at their apartment almost every single day and it seemed like she was refusing to let the work load get to her. Ashton probably used to help her study but Michael was still bummed out that he wasn’t her #1 priority. He was beginning to get a glimpse of what his life would be like without her and he was not okay with it.

He smiled when he saw her walking across the lawn and in his direction. Her head was down and she was desperately trying to pull a sweater out of her bag. He laughed when all her books ended up falling out her bag. She stood and looked down at her bag on the ground. She sighed deeply and looked up to the sky as if to ask ‘why me?’ before dropping to her knees and trying to stuff the contents back into her bag. She ended up sitting on the ground and emptying her bag again and Michael laughed because he knew her ocd about having the books in her bag packed according to size was probably kicking in.

He walked over and sat down across from her. She glanced up and smiled when she saw him. “Hey, babe.” She breathed as she quickly adjusted the bandana on her head. He was pretty pissed at Ashton for introducing her to them but he had to admit the way she wore them was cute.

“You okay there?” Michael asked as she dramatically sighed and zipped her bag. She huffed and pulled off her bandana. She removed the hair tie and shook her head. She gathered her hair at the top head and dropped her head in Michael’s lap.

“I'm so tired.” She said turning so she was looking up at him. “I don’t even have time to breathe.”

“You need to relax. Take the afternoon off.” She smiled and sat up and Michael regretted it the moment the contact was lost.

“Michael... I don’t have time.”

He smiled and reached out to touch her cheek. “Please, babe? I haven’t seen you in forever.”

“What do you wanna do?” She asked smiling at him. Michael smirked and took her hand his. He pulled her close to him and crashed his lips to hers. He smiled into the kiss when he felt her kiss him back and bury her fingers in his hair. He broke the kiss and smiled at her.

“You did say you wanted a tattoo...” Michael said giving her an innocent smile.

“I don’t know what I want to get.” Abby said getting to her feet and picking up her bag. She slung it over her shoulder and dusted off her jeans.

“You told me you wanted an anchor, like mine.” Michael said standing and dusting off his pants.

“Not anymore. I kinda want something that means something to me.”

Michael put a hand on his chest and pretended to be hurt. “Am I not important enough to be tattooed on your body?”

“No, not really.” Abby said sticking her tongue out at Michael. He chuckled and pulled her closer, kissing her quickly.

“Have any idea what you wanna get then?” He mumbled against her lips. He was already distracted and he probably won’t even pay attention to her answer.

“Something that reminds me of home; even though I hate that place. I want to get something that reminds me of home, and my dad. I miss my dad.” She whispered looking down at the ground. She sniffed and Michael frowned. He put a finger under her chin and made her look at him. His heart broke when he saw that she was trying to keep the tears from spilling down her face; she was gnawing at her bottom lip as she continued to stare at him and it was honestly the worst thing Michael had ever felt.