5.1

“So, you’re ready to talk to me now?” Ashton asked giving Amy his famous dimpled smile. They were sitting crossed legged on Amy’s bed, facing each other. She had on yoga pants and his black sweater. They were sitting like this for the past hour; with their fingers intertwined and their hands moving in circular motions in the air.

“No, not really.” Amy whispered because she was really enjoying just sitting here doing nothing with Ashton. It was the longest she’d ever been with him without having sex and she had to admit that she like the non-sexual part of whatever it was she had with Ashton.

Ashton frowned and dropped their hands on the bed. “Ames!” He whined making her giggle. Every time she did that Ashton’s stomach flipped and he still hadn’t figured out why something as small as a giggle could have such an effect on him.

“I don’t want to ruin the mood, Ashton. What do you what me to tell you?”

“Everything. Don’t you get it Amy? I want to know everything about you.”

“But… why? I’m not extraordinary.”

“No, you aren’t. You’re way more than extraordinary. Now stop stalling and tell me a little about yourself.”

“It’s a long story.” Amy said trying once more to get out of telling Ashton exactly what he wanted to know.

“I don’t plan on going home tonight babe, so start talking.”

---

“You retard!” Abigail laughed looking down at Michael who was beaming up at her. He had his head in her lap and he had just told her how he got the scar on his mouth.

He blushed and poked her nose. “Shuddup.” He chuckled and she continued laughing.

“How do you fall and hit the back of your head and end up with a scar on your mouth?”

“Because! When I hit my head my teeth sorta just… and I bit it.” He said and Abigail started laughing again.

“You have beaver teeth!” She said squealing as Michael staring tickling her ribs. “Ahh! Mikey, stop!” She giggled as he continued his attack on her.

“Apologize!” He laughed and she shook her head.

“That’s not gonna change the fact that you have beaver teeth.” Abigail pointed out as she tried to hold back another fit of laughter.

“Stop making fun of me.” Michael said pouting up at her.

“Don’t give me that face!” She exclaimed using both of her hands to cover his face. “Gross!” She screamed when she felt his tongue swipe across her palms.

“This is my ‘please kiss me’ face.” Michael said pouting at her again.

“Haven’t we made out enough? I don’t want either one of us getting too attached.” Abigail stated as she moved her legs from under Michael’s head. He sat up quickly and faced her.

“You don’t want either one of us to ‘get too attached’? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I mean, if we continue just making out with each other, someone’s gonna develop feelings for the other and we’ll both just end up getting hurt. And what if one of us finds someone? What happens then?”

“I thought the fact that kissed you implied that I liked you... as in I love you and I wanted to be more than just your friend.”

“Really?”

“Wait... wasn’t that clear?”

“No, not really. I just thought it was a spur of the moment thing.”