6.4

"I'm done! And I didn't even cry!" Abby said skipping out the room to stand in front Michael. He looked up at her and smiled.

"So... what did you get?" He asked and she started unbuttoning the shirt she had on. Michael's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"You let that fucking guy touch your boob?!" He said a little too loudly and Abby started laughing. She shook her head and bent down to kiss his forehead.

"I thought Alex was joking but clearly you were jealous."

"I was not jealous. Just show me the damn tattoo." Michael scoffed and Abby rose up the right side of her shirt. "This doesn't make it any better than it being on your boob." He said looking up at her. She rolled her eyes and smirked at him.

"Do you wanna see the tattoo or not?" Abby said pulling down her top. Michael put his hands over hers and pulled her to stand between his legs. He slowly lifted her top and studied the tattoo that was on her right hip.

He had to squint a bit to see it under the clear bandage that was covering it.

"Life goes on." He read out loud as he continued to study the writing that had two heartbeats under it. "It's really cool. Why though?"

He asked pulling her to sit on his lap. She shrugged and started running her fingers through his hair. "It's for my dad and everything we went through. Like... we always only had each other; it was always the two of us against the world."

"That's why they're two heartbeats right? One for you and one for him?"

Abby gave him a small smile and nodded. "Yeah."

"I really hope I can meet him one day."

"Yeah, I hope so too."

***

"Hemmings wants another slice! Hemmings wants another slice!" Luke chanted bouncing up and down in his seat. "Pizza! Pizza!"

They were at a bar earlier and he had a little too much to drink. They all did but Luke was showing the effects of the alcohol and they decided to get some pizza to sober him up a bit but it wasn't really working.

"Hemmings wants another slice! Hemmings wants another slice! Pizza! Pizza!" He repeated throwing his fist in the air every time he said 'pizza'. It was beginning to get annoying but no one was brave enough to tell him to shut up.

"Hemmings wants ano-"

"Shut the hell up Luke." Michael groaned using his index fingers to massage his temple. He didn't know if it was the alcohol or Luke's annoying singing; but he was beginning to get a headache. He didn't want to go to a club tonight, he wanted to hang out with Abby but she had to work. That was why when they left he suggested they go get pizza so he could see her but when they arrived, the section she was working was full so all he could go was stare at her from across the room. "Those aren't even the lyrics."

"I don't care." Luke said beaming at him from across the table. "HEMMINGS WANTS ANOTHER SLICE!"

"God! Luke! Shut up!" Calum said looking up from his phone and nudging Luke's shoulder with his. He shook his head and smiled down at his phone. He chuckled and his fingers started going a mile a minute.

"Is that triple A?" Michael asked leaning over to try and peak in Calum's phone. He quickly locked it and looked up at Michael with a frown on his phone.

"Who?" Calum asked picking his soda up and taking a sip. He was desperately trying to avoid the question. Michael was the only one who knew he was... involved, to some extent, with this girl. But that was all he knew and Calum wanted it to stay that way. His hands started sweating when he remembered the call they had a week ago. He hadn't called her since because he didn't want to seem too desperate but he wanted to hear her voice again, and not over some stupid voice note.