6.1

Abby was pretty excited to have the apartment all to herself on her on day off from the university. She was entertaining her neighbours with songs from Go Radio and she really didn’t care who had a problem with it. It was her one day off and she was going to make the best of it.

She barely glanced down at her phone to see the screen light up with a picture of Michael and she smiled before picking it up and swiping the screen.

“Hey!” She yelled over the noise in the apartment.

“Hello?” She heard Michael ask and she rolled her eyes.

“Hi!” She said a little louder. The control was way out of her reach and she was too lazy to move to lower the volume.

“Why is it so loud there?!” Michael yelled.

“Because!” Abby yelled clearing her throat before continuing. “I had a free day and I wanted to relax and what better way to do it than music!”

“But aren’t they broken up?!” Michael screamed and Abby rolled her eyes. They had this discussion already and she didn’t understand why it was bothering him so much.

“Their music kicks ass!”

“You could listen to another band!”

“I wasn’t in the mood for my other bands! It’s a Go Radio kinda day!”

“I know this band you’ll love!! They’re from Sydney. I dunno if you heard about them before?! Turn the music down! My throat hurts from all the screaming!”

“Mine too! But the remote it so far away!” Abby whined and Michael started laughing.

“Are you even close to being ready?!”

I got scared, can't seem to find it either here or there did I lose my rhythm now, am I lost am I found? Oh oh ohohoh whoa oh, oh oh ohohoh whoa.

Abby sang along to the song that was playing, getting distracted for a second.

Michael smiled on the other end because he always loved it when she got lost in her music because literally nothing else mattered in that moment. Her eyes got wild with excitement and she just invested her entire being into the song. From the way she moved her body to the music to the way her head bobbed with the music just fascinated him and he found himself getting distracted just listening to her off-key singing.

When did the words all start to blur and make the point too hard to see in all the writing on the walls in everyplace we had to be? I'd like to say we made a change in how the songs were sang. So if I'm gonna break down, I'll do it for all of us.”

“Babe?!” Michael yelled trying to get her attention.

I got scared, can't seem to find it either here or there did I lose my rhythm now, am I lost am I found? Oh oh ohohoh whoa oh, oh oh ohohoh whoa.

“Evans!”

“Huh?” She asked and he heard the music stop. She had probably given in and gotten up to turn it off.

“Did you hear my question?”

“Uhhh... yes?”

“Good. I’ll be over in a few.”

“For what?”

“To pick you up.”

“Where are we going?”

“To the concert.” Michael said rolling his eyes. If she was trying to annoying him, she was doing a brilliant job but he didn’t care because he loved it.