6.9

"We're leaving at the end of summer." Ashton said hopping on the counter. It was a few days after Abby left and no one had heard from her since. He only got worried after Michael told him what happened before she left; how much she was crying and freaking out. Ashton had tried calling her but her phone was turned off.

"Yeah, Ashton. I'm highly aware of that." Amy said cutting up some bananas and dropping them into the blender.

"So..." He said slowly because he didn't want to come right out and say what he wanted to say.

"So..." She said mimicking Ashton. She opened the freezer and pulled out some ice cream. She walked over to the blender and dumped two large scoops in it. Since she and Ashton started getting serious she was bragging about her banana milkshake and he was behind her ever since to make him one.

"Nothing." Ashton shrugged as he intently watched as she added a few more stuff into the blender. He was having second thoughts about voicing what he had been thinking about for the last few days. He didn't have a lot of time left though and if he wanted her to be around longer he was going to have to talk about her.

At the end summer they were all going home for a few weeks to be with their families before they started preparing for tour. When tour started, he knew he wasn't going to be in the same place long enough and the thought of being away from Amy was scaring him. Ashton didn't expect her to pack up her life and travel with him; he just wanted to know if there was a chance that whatever they had could go further than the end of summer.

"You're also graduating next month."

"Yeah, I am." She said turning around and beaming at him. "Four shit years are finally over! I'm so glad. I can't wait to actually start my life without having to worry about waking up for classes."

"What are you gonna do?" Ashton asked hopping off the counter and walking up to Amy. He hugged her waist with one hand and suck he finger in the blender. He groaned when Amy stuck her elbow in his stomach. "Ow!"

"Don't stick your nasty fingers in there!" She said slapping his hands away when he stuck them in the blender again.

"Ames!" Ashton said moving away from her to sit on the counter again. "What do you wanna do after you graduate?"

"Get the hell out of here. That is why I left home; I wanna travel for a bit but college was an easy excuse to get away. But I'm not leaving right away."

"Why not?"

"This new thing called being broke as fuck." Amy said making Ashton throw his head back and laugh. He watched in silence as she added a few more random things into the blender and turned it on. He waited until she was finished pouring them in glasses to continue.

"We're going to Australia in September."

"You mentioned that before. " Amy said adding some whipped cream and a sweet cherry to each of the glasses. "Just say what you wanna say Irwin. Quit stalling, it's kinda getting annoying." She handed him a glass.

"Do you wanna come?" He asked taking the glass and placing it on the counter next to him. He held his breath as he watched her carefully and waited for her to answer.

"Excuse me? Didn't you just hear me say I'm broke?"

"You don't have to pay. I'll take care of it."

"Then, no." Amy said simply as she finished her drink and turned to put the cup in the sink. Ashton got off the counter and followed her.

"Why not?"

"That's a shit load of money to spend on someone that-"

"Someone that I what?"