6.2

Calum rolled over on his back and stared at the ceiling. It had been two weeks and he still hadn’t heard from her. He was beginning to get worried even though she told him she would be busy for the next few weeks because she had a trip with her class. He still needed to text her to see how she was doing but she wasn’t even replying and after the fifteenth unanswered message he’s stopped because he didn’t want to seem too clingy. It wasn’t like they were even dating so he had no reason to feel this empty when he didn’t hear from her.

He smiled when he remembered how they first started talking. It was a few months ago and he was really bored and decided to creep Twitter. He came across some of her tweets and decided to follow her. He sat back and kept reloading her page and smiled as she flipped her shit because he had followed her. He waited a few days before deciding to send her a DM and as people usually said; the rest was history. They never spoke everyday because she was hardly on and whenever she was, he was too busy but Calum really enjoyed when they talked because she was extremely weird and funny. He convinced her to download an app in hopes that they could talk more but that really didn’t make any difference because she literally lived on the other side of the world.

He remembered when she sent him a random voice note and he almost lost his shit because he was so excited to hear her voice. He hated to admit that her accent drove him wild and he’d lost count of how many times he played her voice notes over and over again because he just love the sound of her voice when she talked. He felt as if she was probably his Abigail; only not in the way she was to Michael. She was his escape, whenever he needed one, whenever he wanted someone other than three ‘lads’ to vent to and she was an incredible listener. No matter how heavy the situation was, she always found a way to make her laugh and she was probably the only person who could get away with calling him ‘Asian’.

He sighed and sat up in bed; there was no use trying to sleep because since she popped into his head, he was wide awake. He reached over and grabbed his phone off his dresser. He unlocked it and frowned when he didn’t see the purple notification, indicating a message from her. He groaned and locked his phone and tossed it on the bed next to him. He put his hands behind his head and leaned back. He closed his eyes and tried for the millionth time since they started talking to picture what she looked like. He finally understood her Michael felt when he used to write to Abby. He wasn’t sure if he was in love with this girl because love didn’t come easy from him but he knew he felt something for her. It scared him how similar they were and the more he thought about it the more he missed her and just wanted to know if she was okay.

“Fuck it.” He whispered under his breath and picked up his phone. He unlocked it and opened the app. He clicked her name and typed a quick message.

Smalla then a bug: Neysh.

He clicked send and let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in. He squealed when he heard his message tone. He swiped his screen and his smile faded when he read the message.

AAA: Asian.

 He shook his head and quickly typed a reply.

Smalla then a bug: I'm not asosn

AAA: Well, duh. You’re not asoan. You’re *asian

Smalla then a bug: Fucking autocorrect.

AAA: or illiteracy. But we can blame autocorrect for tonight.

Smalla then a bug: Shuddup

AAA: I wasn’t talking. We’re texting.

Calum laughed loudly when he read the message and quickly covered his mouth because it was really late and he didn’t want to risk getting caught by any of the boys. Neysh was his little secret and he liked that she was only his and no one else knew about her.