4.2

For four days Ashton sat at that same table in that pathetic bar in hopes that he would run into that girl again and for four days he was disappointed. He didn’t even know what the big deal was; he didn’t even remember the sex with her so he didn’t understand why she was still on his mind. It had been a week since it happened and Ashton could not get her out of him mind. He didn’t even know her name; all basically all he remembered was her sass (which he apparently dug), her eyes and the weird fact that her hair seemed to be three colours all at once. It started off all black then for a bit it was some sort of red, then it the end it was a kind of brown that it almost looked blonde.

But that wasn’t the case; he shouldn’t be obsessing about someone he had a one night stand with. What was he even going to say if he saw her again? ‘Hey, I don’t remember the sex but you think maybe we could do it again?’ Here he was; on the fifth day sitting at a table in a lonely bar just hoping he’d run into a girl me met there a week before.

“Fancy seeing you here.” He heard a voice say and he looked up to see the girl with the three hair colours sitting there. His smiled got wider than he wanted it to get because the girl was scowling at him.

“Hey.” Ashton said dropping his head and studying his fingers.

“So... you up for another round?” Amy asked and Ashton’s head jerked up. He was trying; with every single fibre of his being, not to jump across the table and tackle her with a hug.

“Do I get to know your name this time?”

“Why is my name so important?” She asked reaching up to release her hair from its ponytail. It was wilder and curlier than he remembered it being.

“I want to be able to scream some name out when we have awesome sex.” Ashton said as he got a little braver.

“Touché.” Amy said nodding and smiling at Ashton. “How about... fake names? That way; I still don’t give you my name and I don’t get yours.”

“I don’t mind telling you my name.”

“Oh, I know you won’t. It’s just that I could care less. So.” She stretched her hand out across the table. “Nice to meet you. I'm Kim.”

“Kim? That’s the best you’ve got?”

“She was my favourite cartoon character as a kid.”

“Fair enough. So, Kim, nice to meet you. I'm uh... I'm Will.” Ashton smirked. He was pretty proud of himself.

Amy cringed and gagged. “I can’t call out for ‘Will’ during sex.”

“And I can call for ‘Kim’?”

Amy laughed and nodded. “So, we’re gonna do this again? This time without the whole sappy ‘I’ll call you.’ shit?”

Ashton smiled and nodded. He was trying to understand the sound that just came out of her. “Yeah. Oh, and one other thing...”

“What’s that?”

“Do we have to be drunk? I’d actually live to remember the sex this time.”

***

“Ohgodohgodohgodohgod.” Abigail was mumbling over and over again as her leg was shaking rapidly. Nervous didn’t even begin to describe what she was feeling now. “Ohgod ohgodohgodohgod.” She chanted again and she heard Ashton groan next to her.

“Would you stop that?” He snapped and her leg stopped shaking and she frowned at him.

“What’s up your ass?” She asked because Ashton never snapped at anyone.