5.3

“Michael, I'm cold. Let’s go back inside.” Abigail whined for the hundredth time that hour. Michael smirked and tightened his arms around her and she sighed dramatically. “That’s no help. I wanna go back in the apartment.” Michael had convinced her to come with him on the roof two hours ago so they could look at the stars together. He was trying to be romantic but they both hated the outdoors and Abigail was being miserable because she was worried about the test she had the next day.

Michael wasn’t too thrilled about being on the roof either; it was his idea but the millions of mosquitoes attacking his neck were being to making him seriously rethink the decision he made to come here in the first place. He didn’t want to go back into the apartment though because everyone else was there and he just wanted to be alone with Abigail. “I don’t want to go back into the apartment.” Michael whispered turning to press his lips to her temple.

“Why?”

“Everyone’s there and I kinda wanna be alone.”

“Then let’s go to my apartment.” She said looking up and giving him a small smile.

“But I leave tomorrow. I’d have to leave tomorrow. It doesn’t make sense. I’d have to get back here in time to get decent sleep and it’s almost midnight.”

“Then stay the night.”

“But my luggage...”

God! Michael, just walk with it and go to the airport from my place. Besides, I need to study.”

“Didn’t you already study?”

“Yeah, but...”

“Oh, right, right. I almost forgot you’re a nerd.” Michael said and Abigail hit his chest.

“At least I didn’t drop out of school.” She retorted and Michael’s jaw dropped. Abigail laughed and removed herself from Michael’s grip and headed back into the apartment.

“I was too cool for school.” He said getting up and following her back into the apartment.

“Oh please! More like you were too stupid for school.”

“Hey! I’ll let you know; I'm not stupid! I write songs!”

“That doesn’t mean you’re not stupid.”

“Shuddup.”

Michael said taking Abby’s hand and pulling her into his room. He pulled a suitcase from under his bed and placed it on his bed. “Wait... you haven’t packed as yet?”

“Obviously not.” Michael said looking around the room for something. He clicked his fingers and picked up a shirt from the floor. He shook it out a few times before sniffing it. “Perfect.” He muttered before tossing the shirt into the suitcase.

“I'm going to pretend I didn’t see you do that.” Abigail said sitting on the chair by his laptop desk. Michael glanced up at her before picking another shirt and tossing it in his suitcase.

“What’s that?” Michael asked pulling open a draw. He grabbed some boxers from it and dropped it in his suitcase.

“Aren’t you even going to fold the clothes?” Abigail cringed as he tossed a few items into the suitcase.”

“Nope.” Michael said popping the ‘p’. He was totally oblivious to how uncomfortable he was making Abigail.

“Michael?” She asked in a small voice and Michael stopped what he was doing and turned to her.

“Yeah babe.” He said flipping the top over on the suitcase. He cursed and stuffed a few things that were hanging out the sides and zipped up the suitcase.