5.2

“Are you done packing?” Calum asked popping his head into Michael’s room. They were doing a few shows out of the country and were going to be gone for a few weeks. Michael was really dreading it because he was only a month into his relationship with Abby and he wasn’t quite ready to leave her for fifteen days.

“Shh. I'm on the phone!” Michael said glaring at Calum who just put his hands up in defence and walked out the room.

“Who was that?” Abigail asked and Michael rolled his eyes.

“It was Cal.”

“What did he want?”

“He was asking if I was done packing. It was nothing... now, what were we talking about?”

“Are you done packing? You can't wait till the last minute Mikey. You’ll forget important stuff like toothpaste.”

“I don’t wanna pack. I wanna talk to you.” He whined and Abby giggled. “So... what were we talking about Evans?” Michael asked turning over to lie on his stomach.

“You were convincing me why cats are awesome.” She said dryly. This had been going on for the past forty-five minutes and had started after she laughed at Michael for having a cat named Teddy. She’d also told him how she saw a video of him fangirling over cats at a radio station in London.

“I’ve never met someone who hated cats. They’re so precious!” Michael cooed into the phone.

“You know, if you didn’t have an accent, that statement would’ve sounded so weird.”

“Shut up. But my old cat-” He stopped when Abigail started laughing. “Get your mind out of the gutter Evans.”

“I'm so sorry but that sounded really, really weird. Mikey, go pack; I don’t want to get you in trouble.” Abigail said picking on the end of the t-shirt she was wearing. She was currently sitting on the kitchen counter with a jar of nuts next to her. She had a shitload of work to do but she was welcoming the distraction that was Michael Clifford because she needed a break from school.

“But I wanna talk to you. What are you doing?”

“I'm sitting on the kitchen counter eating nuts.”

“Are you serious?” Michael snickered.

“Is there something wrong with that Gordon?”

“Do not call me that. Hey, are you gonna come to the airport tomorrow?” Michael asked again even though he already knew the answer. They’d been over that so many times but a boy was allowed to dream.

“I told you Michael; I have a test that same day. I can't.”

“Can't you skip it?”

“Michael...”

“I know.” He sighed. “I’ll see you tonight though, right?”

“Why would you see me tonight?” Abigail asked as she stood up on the counter and got on her toes to try and touch the ceiling.

“I thought we were all hanging out tonight.”

“Really?” She asked as she stretched her hand a bit further to touch the ceiling. She bit her lip and stretched a little further. “I thought it was just you and the guys.”

“Amy’s coming.”

“Oh.” Abigail said absent mindedly because she was beginning to lose focus. She was now only concerned in touching the ceiling of the kitchen; her classes had her that spaced out.

“So... you’re gonna come? We’re all just gonna hang out and watch a few movies.”

“I have a test tomorrow.”