4.7

“Where are you going?” Michael asked Abigail just as she reached the door. She turned around and stared at him for a second before remember he had asked her a question.

“Uh, home.”

“You were going to leave without telling me?” Michael asked taking her hand and leading her out the club. She shook her head and pulled her hand from his.

“I'm sorry. I just want to go home. My heads hurts.” Abigail said looking up and down the street as she tried to decide if she was willing to make the three block walk back to her apartment.

“How much have you had to drink?” Michael asked placing a hand on her shoulder. She gave him a small smile and just shrugged his hand off.

“Not even an entire glass. Nothing’s wrong I just want to go home.”

“You sure? You don’t look like nothing’s wrong.” Michael said again because he was starting to get really concerned.

“Yeah Michael. I just... I didn’t want to come here in the first place and now Amy and Ashton are off somewhere either having sex or possibly killing each other.”

“Why are you letting it get to you? That’s not your problem.” Michael said stuffing his hands in his pockets. Abigail sighed and shook her head. She started walking in the direction of her apartment and Michael quickly followed her.

“Yes it is because Amy is probably the closest thing I have to a best friend and she’s been fretting about Ashton and he is... well, he’s Ashton and he’s been fretting about Amy since they slept together the first time and here I am caught in the middle giving them relationship advice. I haven’t been in a relationship since Justin, which, when you think about it; wasn’t even a real relationship.”

“Are you serious? So you mean since Justin you’ve-”

“Never dated? Nope. I told you; I didn’t want to date him in the first place then there was that whole you coming here and us falling in love and all that Nicholas Sparks shit.”

Michael laughed and shook his head before he realized something. “Wait... so does that mean that you’re still a-” Michael covered his mouth and started giggling. Abigail stopped walking and turned to face him.

“Are you serious?” She asked glaring at him and he just shrugged.

“Well... are you?”

“I'm not answering that!”

“I don’t mind helping you out. It is known that I have the biggest dic-”

“Do not even finish that sentence. It doesn’t matter though.” Abigail said smirking at him. She shivered and hugged herself as she continued walking.

“Why?” Michael asked jogging a little to catch up with her.

“Why what?” She asked as she unconsciously rubbed her arms. She was beginning to regret not wearing a coat but then again, she was dragged out the house so she didn’t even have time to grab a coat.

“Why doesn’t it matter?” Michael asked as he tried to shrug out of his jacket.

“Your offer?”

“Yes; my offer.” Michael said and Abigail glanced at him and smirked.

“I’d rather Ashton; his fingers are longer.”

“You know; I was going to offer you my coat but I’d rather you freeze to death.” Michael muttered as they reached her apartment building.

“Doesn’t really make your fingers any longer than they are now, does it?” Abigail retorted making Michael smile and looked down at his shoes.