7.2

“I thought you told Mikey you’re spending the night.” Amy said dropping on the couch next to Abby. She had gotten home about four hours ago and she was surprised to see Abby still at home. Michael was pretty excited when he saw the message from Abby. He was telling her how he was worried but after the message came he seemed to brighten up a little bit.

“Yeah... I'm going over in an hour or so. I wanna talk to Ash about something first.”

“Are you sure you’re okay? Michael was worried about you.” Amy asked as she carefully studied her friend’s face to see if she could get a clue as to what was going on inside her head.

“I'm fine, I promise.” Abby answered giving her a small smile. “I just... I wanna run something by Ashton before I leave.”

“Abby?” Amy asked carefully because she was scared of the reaction she might get when she asked what was on her mind.

“Yeah?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Technically you just did.” Anny said laughing softly and Amy just rolled her eyes. “Okay, okay, shoot.”

“Why’d you go home?” Amy asked and Abby’s smile dropped. “I mean; you said you never wanted to... I was just wondering...”

“I had to see my dad and clear my head... I wasn’t re-”

“Yeah, Mikey told me.” Amy said cutting her off. “You feeling better?” She asked and Abby just shrugged and looked up to see if Ashton was done whatever he was doing. It was getting late and she really just wanted to talk to him.

“I'm good.” She said just as Ashton walked into the living room.

“I thought you were gonna see Mikey.” Ashton asked sitting next to her. Amy got up and disappeared; giving Abby the privacy she would’ve wanted.

“I wanted to talk to you.” Abby said turning on the couch to face Ashton who had a look of confusion on his face.

“What’s wrong?”

“When I went home, I did some thinking.” Abby started looking down at her fingers. “I did a lot of thinking actually.”

“What were you thinking about?” Ashton asked carefully because from his experience whenever a girl said those words, it never meant anything nice.

“Everything.” Abby said and Ashton chuckled.

“You gotta be a little more specific there Abs. I mean everything could literally me-”

“Michael.” She said flatly, cutting him off.

“Clifford?” Ashton asked just to make sure they were on the same page. His heart had started racing and he was silently praying that she was taking about some other Michael that they both happened to know.

“No, Jackson. Who the hell else Ash?” She asked giving him a small smile so he knew she was only joking.

“What about Michael?” He asked and she sniffed and shrugged which only got Ashton more nervous. He knew where this conversation was headed and he really wanted to be wrong. “Abby, what about Michael?” Ashton asked when she didn’t answer him.

“I don’t know anymore.”

“Abigail...”

“It’s just that you’re leaving soon and I just don’t see-”

“Amy’s coming with me.” Ashton said cutting her off. Michael was one of his best friends and if he had to sell his soul to convince her not to do what he thought she was going to do, he was gonna sell his soul.